New Colorado ordering

tcoilburner

May 16, 2015
GM is opening the order banks for dealers starting August 5th. Tomorrow morning the diesel will be an available model!!

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
What is the price. I may order one also. Will it be under 50k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
I placed my order with the dealer on Tuesday. Thursday is the actual opening of the ordering window this week. Waiting for tomorrow for my order number and hopefully a few more details.

As far as cost is concerned, there was no official price at order time ouside of the fact that MSRP of the diesel is $3730 above the price of a "similarly equipped v6." I'd plan on calling that 38 - 40k depending on options.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I hope their fully loaded for 40k. You can get a SLT 6.7 cummins out the door for 43k. I almost signed for one 2 weeks ago then woke up from my mild retardation thinking.

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
At that price it's pretty loaded as the diesel is only available on upper trim levels.

Getting rid of my current truck and current DD, making the Colorado fill both roles.

I live in a metro area. The smaller size of the Colorado is really an advantage to me. I also don't need half the truck I have. I tow a car trailer maybe twice a month, and rarely load a ton of stuff in the bed.

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
I'm still waiting to hear the status of my order. On another forum I have seen some people with confirmed orders.
It seems that anyone attempting today has been getting a message stating it's currently unavailable.
No consensus yet as to what's going on, but it could be a constraint issue. It sounded as though the initial run of the diesel was capped at 50.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I'm still waiting to hear the status of my order. On another forum I have seen some people with confirmed orders.
It seems that anyone attempting today has been getting a message stating it's currently unavailable.
No consensus yet as to what's going on, but it could be a constraint issue. It sounded as though the initial run of the diesel was capped at 50.

Capping the run at 50 is pretty lame. Doesn't make any sense.

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
That number is still rumor as far as I'm aware, but I have heard it from a few sources.
I know they were wanting to pay particularly close attention to the first of them, but I don't understand how that's any different than their secondary QC check that every production update goes through.
They did just start importing these motors sometime in Q3, maybe the rest of them are still on that slow boat from Thailand.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
The most expensive Colorado loaded V-6 window sticker I've seen was $39 and change so a loaded Dmax stands to be 42-43K sticker not OTD.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
The most expensive Colorado loaded V-6 window sticker I've seen was $39 and change so a loaded Dmax stands to be 42-43K sticker not OTD.

Damn Robert, about time you showed your ass here.:happy2:

For some of you guys that don't know Robert Miller; he happens to be the best Duramax tech around. He does all of McRats wrenching and is the only person I allow to work on my truck.:thumb::D

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Just talked to my dealer and he will have info tomorrow morning. I will share it with you guys the second I get it.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
7700 lb tow rating for a mid size truck, thats pretty impressive right there. Wonder if they are concerned about this cutting into full size truck sales?

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015

I could see low 40's MSRP pretty easy. I'm basing this on the z71 (top trim level) price + my options. I was able to pre-negotiate a fair price over invoice.
That being said; "The most expensive" != loaded.
You can add all the frilly gear-on stuff you want to pump the MSRP. IMO it adds nothing to the truck itself.

I do have a small order update. I did hear back from my dealer this morning. I do have an order number, however I'm in 1100 status at the moment. The dealer did confirm allocation so this may be a constraint issue. It's only been two days so I'm not fretting it.

GM at least knows of my intent, and my options pass the first round of scrutiny.

Last edited: