NEW BT DieselWorks 2nd gen Allison tap-shift kit

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Hi everyone. Ill post more details tomorrow, but I just wanted to take some quick pictures before I send the first couple out. Ive had a couple of these out in beta testing for a little while and they are now ready for sale.

The BT DieselWorks 2nd gen tap-shift kit has many new segment-leading features that I think everyone will enjoy. :cool:

The main upgrade/improvement from my first-gen tap-shift kits is the addition of the optional LED current-gear display. This display is available in red, green, and blue. It can be mounted anywhere on the dash. The wire on the display is 5ft long, but it uses a standard RJ45 connection, so you can get a long 'extension cord' from any Radio Shack or Stables, and mount the display on your trailer hitch if you wanted to. The fact that the display is not hard-wired to the main control box also makes installation, mounting, and wire-routing easier.

The other additional features include end-user programmability/customization options, and a special "smart" sled-pulling mode.

The programming is easily done from within the module itself using the + and - buttons on the shifter. No complicated/unfinished PC software or screwy USB drivers to mess around with.

Some examples of different programming options include what gear you want the tap-shift module to start out in when you first enter "manual" mode. IE, if you want it to start off in "D" (5), and then you can tap-down from there, or if you want it to immediately start in 1st gear when you enter manual mode. Another programming option is whether you want the tap-shift module to remember what gear you were in last, and then return to that same gear the next time you switch from "auto" to "manual" mode. There are several other customizable features as well.

The other main feature is the "sled-pulling mode". What you do is program the "highest gear" you want to be able to shift to. Basically its an "upper gear limiter", so you can focus on driving the truck and not have to worry about accidentally tapping up into 4th gear when you meant to not go beyond 3rd. Once you have gone into the programming mode and entered your "top sled-pulling gear", then you are ready to begin using sled pulling mode.

To enter sled-pulling mode, simply tap down to 1st gear, then once you are stopped in 1st gear, press and hold the "-" button for a couple seconds. The display will then change, and show you the upper-most gear that you will be allowed to tap-up to, indicating you are now in sled-pulling mode. So now once the sled starts moving, you can tap-up normally as you want to 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear...but it will automatically lock you out from going to 4th gear if you accidentally/inadvertently press the "+" button a 4th or 5th time.

With other tap-shifter modules, if you are in this situation and you are hauling the mail in 3rd gear down the track almost to a 1st-place-finish and then you hit a bump and accidentally press the the "+" button, you'll up-shift to 4th, engine bogs down, comes off the charger, and then its game over....... With the sled-pulling mode on my 2nd gen tap-shift module, that wont happen. :D

IMG_0971Large.jpg

IMG_0974Large.jpg

As I said above, Ill post more info tomorrow.

thanks
Ben

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
That's pretty impressive... :thumb:

The wire on the display is 5ft long, but it uses a standard RJ45 connection

Good idea...

Ok... so I have a 6 speed... but I really want the LED gear display :D :rofl: ... in blue :)

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
Ben any way to get it to start off in 2nd or 3rd yet? Or is this not possible without efilive?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
The price of the 2nd gen tap-shifters with display and sled-pulling mode is $475 plus shipping.

However im going to do a special introductory sale/offer for the next two weeks. For $529 SHIPPED, you'll get the 2nd gen tap-shifter AND a BT DieselWorks SmarTurn one-touch turn signal module. Normally the one-touch turn signal modules are $125+shipping. This is a $630 value, for $529!

Please email me, [email protected] to place an order. In the next couple days I will get these up on my website, but in the meantime, email is the best way to place an order.

Remember, this introductory sale/special offer is only good for two weeks, so after valentines day, prices go back to normal.

thanks
Ben

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
in a 2007.5+ if you just momentarily tap the turn signal left or right you get 3 flashes. and if you are in tow haul you get 7 flashes. great for lane changes on the highway.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
The special deal im going to run for the 2001-2002 guys (and the 03-04 LB7 guys, if they'd rather have my auto-high-idle module instead of the SmarTurn) is $599 shipped for the 2nd gen Tap-Shift module and the LB7 auto high-idle module. This is a $700 value, for $599.

Please email me if you are interested in placing an order...remember this is a 2 week sale only, after which, the price goes back up to $475 plus shipping.

Ben

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Is it louder than stock and does it disable the chime if you leave the blinkers on?

It doesnt make any more noise than the normal factory blinkers. Yes, it will still chime if you leave the blinkers on for more than ~1/4 mile or whatever it is.