New A/C compressor!

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Wow, I can't wait for the reviews.... :D I wonder, will you use this as your manifold charger? And will you charge air/water cool it? Not trying to be nosy, but wait, well maybe I am. As a manifold charger for a huge atmospheric turbo....... I can see it now......;)

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I'm not going to run it much past 1.25:1 pressure ratio, so it won't heat the air up excessively. This would be like running the blower at 4 PSI boost in a normal gasoline engine. Water injection will be the cooling method along with a factory CAC "post-turbo-pre-blower". If my primary charger makes 55 PSI at the gauge, then by running the Eaton I can get 72 PSI at the gauge, or 25% more oxygen which could make 150 more HP.

The goal is to widen the turbocharger's effective map by giving the surge line a kick start. This should give it better low RPM towing capabilities without hurting the high-rpm race performance.

dynarex

Dec 27, 2006
I'm not sure it is feasible though.

There are alot of obstacles to overcome.

But nothing easy is any fun... :D

remember-gmc did on all there engines(detroit diesels)
so if they can do it way back then-mcrat can do it now

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
GM had to do it because of the 2 stroke nature. If I remember right, positive displacements create extra heat because of the friction created by all the surface area.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Good luck. OT Pat i called twice over a month ago with questoins on some parts, a couple PM's to either Kat or You and haven't heard back. In some cases it's been over 8 weeks.

Everything ok?:) are you still selling diedel products?:) I've been needing some for the past few months and have been able to get a call back or a PM response.

Jus let me know wassup! Thank again for everything else.:hug:

Was that after you stopped into the shop and you didn't have time to go to lunch? Send me a PM what parts you want quoted and I will get you an answer.

I don't think I have gotten anything after that.

Last edited:

walsh450mx21

MR. MIDNIGHT
Aug 28, 2007
FLAWIDA
PAT u must just think about more power non stop ??
god i bet ur head spins at time..

but this would be sweet i dont understand really how its gonna work but would be kool..

HEY more power is always better..

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Was that after you stopped into the shop and you didn't have time to go to lunch? Send me a PM what parts you want quoted and I will get you an answer.

I don't think I have gotten anything after that.

I already bought the parts that's what i am trying to say, thank you but nevermind?

Sorry about lunch as I explained at that point, I was playing hookie from work and had to move onto my appt, I owe you lunch.

We talked via phone, actually i called and asked you and Pat was going to call me back.

No biggie, it's all good. I still owe you guy's lunch.

Last edited:

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Sorry Pat, not sure how it got here but wanted to respond.

Suppose i should have sent a PM response.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Not sure if it would be of any help but there are several companies that modify these eatons to flow a lot more air. I was involved with modifing Ford Lightnings from when they first came out. We just kept overdriving the blower more and more till it got to the point the air was soo hot that it actually hurt us. Porting helped but since then the blowers can now be sent out and worked to make almost as much power as the twin screws that everyone was ditching them for.