Need some advice on car-buying/selling sites

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
My Dad wants me to sell his Beetle convertible, as he can no longer drive. I figure it would be smart to wait until April when people start looking for verts, but in the mean time Ive been valuing his car on the different sites that buy cars. Carvana, Carmax, Vroom, Cargurus, Drivetime, etc. Has anyone here had experience selling a car thru one of these sites, or selling their car TO one of these sites? Thx for any info.....

CDmax16

Mar 3, 2018
NNV
We just sold my wife’s 2015 Buick Enclave to Carmax last weekend. We were looking at a Yukon at the Porsche dealer that was across the street from Carmax. The Porsche dealer offered us $15k for the Buick on trade-in. Went to Carmax and got an appraisal for $21.500. Sold it to them on the spot, was done in about 2 hours.

Went back and bought the Yukon, they are a no haggle dealer, so I talked them into some new wheels and tires.
It probably would have been better for them to haggle. The Yukon is nice.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Pick one of the companies you listed. They are all good. Now's the time to sell as prices will start coming down.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I've only bought and sold through craigslist. I've been to CarMax a few times looking for specific vehicles. test drove a few. seemed good. sales people where nice and no pressure

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
Carmax bought our 2017 Honda Insight for $10K. painless.
We have a location near us. They have locations all across the US. The other companies come with a tow truck, so there's that.