LMM: Need LMM and manual transmission tune/calibration

Jasondt2001

May 3, 2008
Salinas, Ca
They don't make a manual transmission in anything offered w/ the LMM though.
I think the manuals stopped in 06 if i remember correctly.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Oh. Gotcha. I didn't realize it was an engine by itself.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Call Dan at PPE about getting a standalone harness.
I have Manual trans stuff for everything but the LMM.
Never offered AFAIK.

Thanks John, what is afaik? I'll call him tomorrow. May have to stay with the lbz after this info.

Kat I was just wondering if any 3500 or 4500 and 5500's had manual transmissions.

I go pick up the LMM in the morning and want to get it on the dyno as soon as possible but, if we must use an auto calibration we must use one. Darn it.... lol

Thanks everyone.

Ross has suggested trying to run it without a trans connected - not sure if it will work or not, worst case scenario is that you'll get a bunch of codes and it won't run. However the codes that may show up may indicate what needs to be done to fix it.

Cheers
Cindy

Last edited:

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Ross has suggested trying to run it without a trans connected - not sure if it will work or not, worst case scenario is that you'll get a bunch of codes and it won't run. However the codes that may show up may indicate what needs to be done to fix it.

Cheers
Cindy

Thanks Cindy

I'm committed with this engine. I'll have to test run no matter what, money has been spent. If I could follow up with result to you, I'd appreciate your help. Tomorrow the fun begins. Thank you.

Last edited:

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Thanks Cindy

I'm committed with this engine. I'll have to test run no matter what, money has been spent. If I could follow up with result to you, I'd appreciate your help. Tomorrow the fun begins. Thank you.

why not just use a lbz harness and ecm ? or use ppe boat set up

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I recently posted an LB7 running on a stand with a TCM hooked up and no tranny. I think this can be done. The gentlemen had modified the harness(es) himself to make it a "stand alone" harness.

I'd imagine similar things can be done with any version of the DMax and for doing this quickly, without knowing how to yourself, I'd suggest getting in touch with PPE.

C-ya

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Rather not, 6 hole injector engine. But, just might try it with injector change? But really, I don't have a clue. :eek:

Depending on how complete the engine it is, the injectors are different, the plate in the intake and the egr with it's sensors.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
I recently posted an LB7 running on a stand with a TCM hooked up and no tranny. I think this can be done. The gentlemen had modified the harness(es) himself to make it a "stand alone" harness.

I'd imagine similar things can be done with any version of the DMax and for doing this quickly, without knowing how to yourself, I'd suggest getting in touch with PPE.

C-ya

We've run lb7's and I've seen rick's lly run with no tcm and had huge problems after some hard pulls and extended periods of time. I tried the lbz and had lots of dramas runs but we'll see how it plays out.

FarmDiesel22

Farmer
Sep 28, 2009
Is there some way you can run a lmm with a manual trans? Like keep the tcm in it but somehow make it think the truck is always in neutral or something? Or wouldn't that work. Or maybe a special wiring harness to make it work somehow?