need help with new transmission lines installation

LongDogRacing

Jan 8, 2020
Friends,

I got one of the kits that upgrade the transmission lines (as the OEM ones on my '08 3500HD are leaking).

My question is regarding the fittings that go on the backside of the radiator.

They indicate that the "large washer" and the "skinny o-ring" go on somehow. However, there is already a "small washer" and a "thick o-ring" already mounted.

The instructions provided aren't very clear. How am I supposed to stack these things?

Please advise! Your input would be greatly appreciated.

--Justin

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Friends,

I got one of the kits that upgrade the transmission lines (as the OEM ones on my '08 3500HD are leaking).

My question is regarding the fittings that go on the backside of the radiator.

They indicate that the "large washer" and the "skinny o-ring" go on somehow. However, there is already a "small washer" and a "thick o-ring" already mounted.

The instructions provided aren't very clear. How am I supposed to stack these things?

Please advise! Your input would be greatly appreciated.

--Justin

What kit?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
https://www.ebay.com/itm/163584966101?ul_noapp=true

^it was this one. but many of the other options look like they have the same kind of setup.

Look to be the same as Deviant lines (at least the fittings anyway). If you go to their site they have pretty decent instructions. It should go fitting > o-ring >flat washer > o-ring > radiator mounted cooler. Another prime reason as to why people should support their local dealer or someone with good customer service, they (whoever it is) are able to answer these questions vs some random ebay store. I'm all for finding the best deal but that doesn't always work out.

LongDogRacing

Jan 8, 2020
Help!

I knew I would get lambasted for getting a knock-off.

Still, it's not even clear from the Deviant directions.

Am I putting the second o-ring RIGHT ON TOP OF the first one? Or, am I sandwiching the washer BETWEEN the two o-rings???

Thanks!

--Justin

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I thought it was o-ring, o-ring, washer the fitting. IE stacking two o-rings behind the washer

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Look to be the same as Deviant lines (at least the fittings anyway). If you go to their site they have pretty decent instructions. It should go fitting > o-ring > flat washer > o-ring > radiator mounted cooler. Another prime reason as to why people should support their local dealer or someone with good customer service, they (whoever it is) are able to answer these questions vs some random ebay store. I'm all for finding the best deal but that doesn't always work out.

I knew I would get lambasted for getting a knock-off.

Still, it's not even clear from the Deviant directions.

Am I putting the second o-ring RIGHT ON TOP OF the first one? Or, am I sandwiching the washer BETWEEN the two o-rings???

Thanks!

--Justin

Justin, I answered your question in my reply. I have bolded it now.