Help: Need Help to Save a Cats Life

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Kids need to be told the truth. It's a cat, it's life doesn't mean anything. Go get a new one. I put my 13 yr old dog down. Doctor said I can run some tests we can probably save her. I said nope, shed a few tears, said good bye. People forget there just animals

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

This. 3 months and the kid won’t even remember it had a cat.

Save your go fund me money for someone that lost everything in a fire or an accident that isn’t covered. Or an elderly person or veteran that needs it.

Hell my wife was recently paralyzed in a car accident and we don’t have our hands out.

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio

Evan thanks for the help, my wife was thrilled. I told her my post was not received very well and she said if it at least got one person to help out thats all that matters. So thank you. Very generous of you. Those things don’t go unnoticed.

To anyone asking about the cat suffering, the vet said the cat isn’t suffering at all. I guess what happened was some growth plate bone is damaged and if its not fixed the cat will have long term problems and wont be able to walk. But they will have to make a decision soon i think on what to do. I mentioned to the family about the care credit so thanks for the ideas guys and we will see what happens. My wife just didn’t want to see those kids loose a pet they love. So thats why she wanted to at least try the go fund me. She thought it was worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Kids need to be told the truth. It's a cat, it's life doesn't mean anything. Go get a new one. I put my 13 yr old dog down. Doctor said I can run some tests we can probably save her. I said nope, shed a few tears, said good bye. People forget there just animals

This has got to be the the sh***est thing I've ever read here. Yes , when a pet dies, children do need to learn. My 4yo daughter understands death as best a 4yo can and understands that out oldest cat died a few months ago. But to say a life 'doesn't matter because it's a cat (or dog, bird, whatever)' is despicable. MOST people love their pets like children, and those who think pets are 'disposable'.... Shouldn't have pets.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Evan thanks for the help, my wife was thrilled. I told her my post was not received very well and she said if it at least got one person to help out thats all that matters. So thank you. Very generous of you. Those things don’t go unnoticed.

To anyone asking about the cat suffering, the vet said the cat isn’t suffering at all. I guess what happened was some growth plate bone is damaged and if its not fixed the cat will have long term problems and wont be able to walk. But they will have to make a decision soon i think on what to do. I mentioned to the family about the care credit so thanks for the ideas guys and we will see what happens. My wife just didn’t want to see those kids loose a pet they love. So thats why she wanted to at least try the go fund me. She thought it was worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem at all just because others find it ridiculous I find their opinion on it ridiculous and heartless. I know what my pets meant to me growing up and what they still do and I know I’d of done anything to keep them alive longer if I could of as they were a part of the family.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
My dog to me is my 4th child. She’s part of the family. So I know what you mean here.

I had to put my car down a year ago because of a tumor. It’s hard and unfortunately it happens. I put over 2k into trying to save him before I had to made the decision.

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
This has got to be the the sh***est thing I've ever read here. Yes , when a pet dies, children do need to learn. My 4yo daughter understands death as best a 4yo can and understands that out oldest cat died a few months ago. But to say a life 'doesn't matter because it's a cat (or dog, bird, whatever)' is despicable. MOST people love their pets like children, and those who think pets are 'disposable'.... Shouldn't have pets.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk
I'm not heartless, I grew up on a farm, and worked many jobs where animals were the source of income. Profit and loss steer my decisions when it comes to animals. I just wish it made my decisions with my truck.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
For me it has to do with how I was raised. Grew up on a farm and my dad wouldn’t take anything to the vet. He “carried it to the vet” while we were at school and the vet said there was nothing they could do.

I love animals, I just can’t see spending a lot of money on them. Recently our cat got sick, vet lives near us and picked it up on his way in while I was at work. My wife called me and we didn’t see eye to eye on what it needed. He started to do surgery on it (against my will) and he was eat up with cancer so he put him down. I got home from work and my wife and kids were crying. I didn’t shed a tear until I saw the bill. I would have had no problem doing it for ten cents.

My wife and I got married and someone’s dog got hit in front of our house. She went running out and told me to grab something, I grabbed a pistol so it wouldn’t suffer. She said no, I mean a towel or something. People are just different.

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
My wife and I got married and someone’s dog got hit in front of our house. She went running out and told me to grab something, I grabbed a pistol so it wouldn’t suffer. She said no, I mean a towel or something. People are just different.

I have a cat that gets insulin twice a day because my wife and I don't agree and she is currently getting her way. She does however know when the time does come, it will be a .22lr. I refuse to put a scared animal in a cage and let the last moments of it's life being stressed.

the_ure

Oct 18, 2017
Southern Peoples Republic of C
In afghanistan we would have competitions to see how many dogs we could put down.
we didnt even count puppies. seriously they didnt count

this one time one of my team sgt's popped one with his mossberg, turned out it was sitting on a nest of a newly hatched brood that went scattering, one, two, three, four.
One new guy with a ray of hope on his innocent face says 'look sarge one is getting away!' thinking there is a silver lining and life will go on.
Sgt. says 'thanks' bam. ' almost missed that one.'
He had a cool montage that he put at the end of fox and hound, probably 60 in a row.

I didn't care one way or the other, but used to zero my thermal pretty regularly on them as it is hard to do on 'normal targets'

i do have some tomahawk kills as well.

My in-laws had a service dog that was part of the family and when it was time for the dog to go, they asked me to shoot it in the head. it is less suffering than letting it go on in pain.

If you ever lived on a farm or know where a burger comes from, it isn't a big deal.
the animal is either serving a purpose, or minding its own business, or it is suffering, or it is food. where on that list determines my actions toward it. respect life, but every pet has a lifetime healthcare budget limit. and replacements are cheap.

Last edited: