Need help finding feature trucks for Magazine

Hey Guys,

I'm in Fort Worth and I don't have the right network to find feature worthy trucks in the area. Diesel Army really needs to feature a couple of Duramax trucks but I cannot find any locally.

I shot a couple at the SEMA Show, but I cannot get anyone to fill out the dam spec sheets. The other truck I'm trying to line up is in Wichita Falls. I can get Fords and Dodges all day but I need help with the GM stuff.

Do you guys know anyone in the general DFW area that might be willing to meet up with me on a weekend so I can shoot their truck?

Thanks,
Chad

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Mines close also but a bit further than u want to go probably. Closest I can get for ya is Orlando Florida. We have a few nice trucks down there including a project lb 7 with a one of kind custom triangulated four link front and back with coil overs and air bags. But it's still in mockup stage. image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 49
Yeah, it is totally odd enough that its cool. We will probably do a short blurb on it next time I see him at the track, but people don't seem interested in a full feature.

Lets expend the area and say within north Texas. I'm planning on running up to Oklahoma in the very near future. I will also, be down in San Antonio February 15th for a dyno event if all goes well (haven't finalized that yet).

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I just sent you a pm with the phone number of a guy with a few cool Duramax trucks.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I'd be in

y8ehe5an.jpg

yrepe9en.jpg

nagy5y2u.jpg

Built motor, built trans, compound turbos, coilovers, blah blah blah

Obviously I'm not close but depending on day I might make a road trip

Last edited:
I'm actually trying to set up a few trucks in the phoenix area right now.

shoot me an e-mail basically with exactly what you posted here to dieselarmy at powerautomedia dot com.

OR, do you think the guys at TurnDriverSide.com would let us, use their images?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I don't know, I'll have to ask them but the guy that runs it is a very good friend of mine. I'll shoot ya an email.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
yowzers I like those lower links. So you're doing triangulated one and and square the other? What's the reasoning?

Are u referring to the parallel front vs triangulated rear. Went with the pan hard in the front so parallel was sufficient with hydraulic steering. And triangulated is just far superior for the rear especially for longer travel reasons. Obviously know side sway and far stronger. Went with bags in back and coil over front