My LB7 RCLB Build

Grizz3500

May 28, 2011
Hauser, Idaho
Looks Great. I've been looking at those at my local tire shop, but they're recommending the +18 offset. Did you have to raise the bars to get the -12 offset wheels to fit. Besides the front valance, did you have to trim anything else. Do they rub Got any pics looking down the side of the truck. Curious to see if they stick out at all. Thanks

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I had to trim on the bumper and the rear of the front fender well quite a bit. The ride height is 40 1/2" from the ground to the fender. The -12mm sets out about an inch past the fenders.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I finally got around to getting the molding off. Looks way better imo.

I also won't be able to make this trans last either. Going to see if the shop will stack one out for me before hunting season. Maybe if I get it built in time I'll take her to the track and see what a worn out lb7 can do.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
So this is turning into a bigger project than I thought. I've put about 1500 miles on the truck so far and I'm thinking I may have a HG issue. Sometimes after it has cooled off, I can open the overflow and it will blow bubbles.... While idling, I open it up and watch for bubbles, but never have any. The overflow isn't pissing fluid and the upper radiator hose isn't hard. Today I pulled around our 850 gallon fuel trailer 20+ miles, so I thought for sure it would have more symptoms of a bad HG from having sustained boost, but not so much as a bubble in the system. Why do I keep getting random bubbles? My other duramax doesn't do this. I did have the injectors changed before I started driving it, but usually you can get all the bubbles out after 25 miles or so. Any ideas?

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
New Head gaskets and a built Transmission are in my future. Thinking seriously about a 366 too.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I'm going to stay with stock nozzles just because I don't have the need for larger injectors right now. If I build this motor, then I'll send them out. It's already pretty quick with just a tune. The built trans and charger will put me in the 12's easy, and that's enough to make most the sports cars cry around here.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
I'm going to stay with stock nozzles just because I don't have the need for larger injectors right now. If I build this motor, then I'll send them out. It's already pretty quick with just a tune. The built trans and charger will put me in the 12's easy, and that's enough to make most the sports cars cry around here.
Ok. I just did 30% overs on mine and am very glad I did. Its a lot more torquey feeling and what's $300 on these trucks. Lol