mustang kill, new personal best.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Quick response while I was editing. So 45s with dual fuelers? damn son!

Nope my dual fuelers are in my closet still lol. That run was stock turbo with 45 over nozzles and a sportsman cp3, with rail dropping to 18k. The truck is stripped it's def under 6k pounds, but not sure where exactly that's definitely helping.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
If you count it as all 6 gears even the low first, it's a 3rd gear launch at 4200 rpm. Then I don't lift the throttle I just stab the clutch when I shift and hit all remaining gears. Crosses the line in 6th over 4k rpms I believe. Id love to do 3:42 gears.

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
It really is very impressive, I'd love to see an in the cab video showing both the shifting and clutch work as well as a video showing the gauges and windshield view.

Does it consistently shift well, or maybe I should ask do you ever miss a shift? It sounds like it's very consistent as far as shifting goes. I love to hear about someone doing what you're doing in a different way than everyone else. Congrats on taking a different approach at this and making it work so well! :thumb:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
It really is very impressive, I'd love to see an in the cab video showing both the shifting and clutch work as well as a video showing the gauges and windshield view.

Does it consistently shift well, or maybe I should ask do you ever miss a shift? It sounds like it's very consistent as far as shifting goes. I love to hear about someone doing what you're doing in a different way than everyone else. Congrats on taking a different approach at this and making it work so well! :thumb:

With a short throw I missed gears all the time even with a 28 oz waited knob. Went to a stock shifter again and welded the rubber bushing up and it's is super smooth and consistent. I have an in cab video don't show the pedals but you can see the tach spike up in the high 4k rpm range. I def need a rev limiter. It's very fun to race this thing.

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
Interesting, I'll bet you didn't expect it to turn out that way regarding the shifter. Yes, I can see how much fun it would be, nothing like rowing through the gears :thumb:

Please keep us informed, I love reading your posts. There's just not many manual trans equipped duramax powered drag racers out there, especially ones that run as quick as yours!

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Interesting, I'll bet you didn't expect it to turn out that way regarding the shifter. Yes, I can see how much fun it would be, nothing like rowing through the gears :thumb:

Please keep us informed, I love reading your posts. There's just not many manual trans equipped duramax powered drag racers out there, especially ones that run as quick as yours!

I agree, and I honestly didn't expect anywhere near a 12.3. I definitely was set on a short throw and it was just junk. I think shaving 3 tenths should be doable next year considering the handicaps I have right now with suspension and rail pressure.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I've still got that in cab video from last spring if someone can load it or tell me how to lol

The run I have is a slow 60 but still banged out the gears, maybe I'll just come over and we can upload it on your computer straight from my gopro.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Problems with rail pressure? I didn't expect to read that. You're running a sportsman pump on 45's with a stock turbo? That's a real surprise. What pulse?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Problems with rail pressure? I didn't expect to read that. You're running a sportsman pump on 45's with a stock turbo? That's a real surprise. What pulse?

The pulse was set just north of 3k for the stock injectors, and I slapped on the 45s and haven't retuned yet:eek: