mustang kill, new personal best.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Thinking when I get the tuning done I'm gonna need a taller gear or taller tire. im out of rpms Im trapping over 4k in 6th at 111.I don't want 20s though and they don't make anything worth wild in a 17 for racing that's taller than what I have. the thing is if I go to a 3:42 I think I'll have to go back to launching second gear, but I think I'm still gonna have to hit sixth adding a shift. I think I'm gonna have to go to a 3:42 with a taller tire as well and maybe I can finish in 5th. And 2nd to 5th gear would be better because I'd have to straight shifts and one s shift. Right now I have 2 s shifts and one straight shift.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Yeah but runs clean when the rail is low lol. Not a very smokey Truck.

My layman's understanding is that you'd be better off with more pressure and less PW. That sportsman should have a bunch of headroom on a stock charger, no? Damn fast truck though :thumb:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
My layman's understanding is that you'd be better off with more pressure and less PW. That sportsman should have a bunch of headroom on a stock charger, no? Damn fast truck though :thumb:

Yes agreed, just haven't got around to a retune and by the time I do I'll probably just do the dual fuelers and n20. U less I can fine a turbo that will work as good as a stocker for a free rev clutch dump without falling on its face.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Yes agreed, just haven't got around to a retune and by the time I do I'll probably just do the dual fuelers and n20. U less I can fine a turbo that will work as good as a stocker for a free rev clutch dump without falling on its face.
So just out of curiosity, how much boost does it build free reving at 4200?

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I'm sure there's a way to set it up so you can hold more boost between gears. I have a Subaru sti and I have flat foot shift setup through my accesport which holds boost between gears. It's literally the same thing you do except it has a rev limiter that I can set so it won't free rev to the moon lol. I usually set it at 6800 and shift around 6500. Nice times btw, I was about to order a sportsman pump a month ago but I'm glad I didn't lol.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Just to clarify on everyone's idea his sportsman is no good.. Jesse is running Max effort stock injector tuning and then put 45%s on the truck and did not change the tuning.. There's a lot of fuel being commanded.

Of course he could always add another pump and leave the pulse where it is :roflmao: good bye parts

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Just to clarify on everyone's idea his sportsman is no good.. Jesse is running Max effort stock injector tuning and then put 45%s on the truck and did not change the tuning.. There's a lot of fuel being commanded.

Of course he could always add another pump and leave the pulse where it is :roflmao: good bye parts

My theory is if I try not to worry about it and make it light as possible and just cross my fingers lol

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
It holds no boost at a free rev to launching but powershifting between gears i dont lose much boost, but I spike 40 pounds in 6th on the stocker:eek:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
It holds no boost at a free rev to launching but powershifting between gears i dont lose much boost, but I spike 40 pounds in 6th on the stocker:eek:

I still think we should short bed it and cut the bed floor out