Most awesome DIY engine stand ever

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Makes me want to get a lathe and mill bought for my home shop. the possibilites are only limited by your own imagination and creativness.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Way cool... I'm still working on my stand but it uses a slack adjuster off of a Semi truck brake to turn the engine/transmission over. I mount the allisons up by pto covers. Just need to build a new adapter to bolt to the engine mount.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Way cool... I'm still working on my stand but it uses a slack adjuster off of a Semi truck brake to turn the engine/transmission over. I mount the allisons up by pto covers. Just need to build a new adapter to bolt to the engine mount.

This works awesome for building them. its what i use.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Strength of the build is probably enough to mount the entire Model A on & rotate it. LOL

I don't see much structural need for the two extra 2x2 tubes on the base where he stuck the bread pan though unless he plans to put something considerably more robust than bolts in the bread pan. :D

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
It is nice real nice and HD but think about it .

He must be bored as if he isn't building motors for a living how often is he going to roll that Caddy out? He builds his BBC for his Rat Rod then push it over in the corner and it collects dust!

Or maybe he builds GREAT engine stands and shitty motors so he'll be using it often! :roflmao:

Just saying :)