Mod to turbo intake horn

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
Thanks for the info James. I've never had a personal truck of mine on the dyno with it (before and after). However, I did this for overall performance. We know it spools the charger a little quicker off the bottom, but the biggest gain I noticed on my friends truck was the lower EGTs at a giving speed of towing and running. The lower end spool up was a major plus for him as he had a 6 speed hand shaker. As it turned out, it was a bonus for the Allison too.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Thanks for the info James. I've never had a personal truck of mine on the dyno with it (before and after). However, I did this for overall performance. We know it spools the charger a little quicker off the bottom, but the biggest gain I noticed on my friends truck was the lower EGTs at a giving speed of towing and running. The lower end spool up was a major plus for him as he had a 6 speed hand shaker. As it turned out, it was a bonus for the Allison too.

Yes sir. Never saw much egt drop but i wouldnt expect much from my truck when at highway speed.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
No it wont,Your best bet is an lbz mouth piece or AFE makes an aftermarket 1 and i asume Tony has something for it as well.Could be others that im not aware of but the 1st 2 for sure.
An 06 LLY already has an LBZ mouth piece.

Wyley87

Jul 21, 2012
Texas
Oh ok sweet. Thanks.

I'm totally new to diesels so this site has helped me learn a lot.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Vincode1

Vincode1
Aug 23, 2014
Nor-cal
Old thread revival

Anyone know where a guy could have his modded or exchange? And what the cost is?

I had my done by Danville, $75 plus shipping. I did notice a difference with better throttle response. If I didn't live in the "emissions capital" (CA), I probably would have went with the Profab, to save with down time and the shipping.