MLG vs MLG-K

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Yep, got a good deal on it, only problem is it made my truck sound like a 6.0 ford at WOT :eek::rofl:

Never ran the ML R before, only the K, and the one off LL so far.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Getting serious are we Brian?

How does the ML R compare? Thats what Caleb had in stock so thats what we put in my Dually. Given the chance I would have chosen a tigher one obviously but I dont see much difference being its always towing with converter locked.

The R converter was originaly built for a stock LML. It was designed to help the dead pedal off the line and hook ( couple ) right after the launch.
I found that it does well for racing as it will stall to 2100 or better when pushed. It tows very well and has a billet stator. I call it a mini K.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I think I need this K converter! I think this is the reason my truck slowed down going with the 75-87-1.10 billet race covered turbo. I have just out grown the out dated ATS 5 star. The coupling and stall on this K sounds awesome! Mike, Maybe I just need to send you my whole trans :happy2:. I could only imagine what needs replaced after 150+ sled pulls and 50+ 11 second quarter mile passes. :eek:

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
The K in my opinion would probably be a better and funner option, but i just recently used a R and it certainly felt loose enough to be able to spool a 467fmw. Good tuning will also go a long way

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
I loved the K in my white truck. drove awesome with my big twins. Put an R in my buddies trans that i just built and it definitely works better for towing, DDing on small twins, etc.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
towing doesnt matter soon as the converter locks, then its all about where you have shift points placed. while its unlocked, you will be revving that engine to get things going if you use the K.

that said, i like quick spool up so the K would be my choice to get right on top of that charger quickly while its unlocked.

Vsouth

Oct 6, 2008
I strayed from the K converter for last years season of racing. Put in a 1053d. While it was super easy to spool, it did not couple nearly as well as the K. My 60ft times suffered as well as consistency.

Went back to the K this year and it is so much better. 60ft back where it should be and very consistent. I love my Goerend K!!!!!!!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I strayed from the K converter for last years season of racing. Put in a 1053d. While it was super easy to spool, it did not couple nearly as well as the K. My 60ft times suffered as well as consistency.

Went back to the K this year and it is so much better. 60ft back where it should be and very consistent. I love my Goerend K!!!!!!!

You seem to stray alot my friend.:roflmao::D:hug:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
But he always comes back, Mike. ;)

Hey Verlon! Nice you see you're still racing around!

Vsouth

Oct 6, 2008
But he always comes back, Mike. ;)

Hey Verlon! Nice you see you're still racing around!

Current job doesn't allow much computer time and when I get home I'm usually ready to just relax. I'll be racing till the wheels fall off my truck! :D