ML Converter driveability question.

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
I informed Dustin of this thread and he said he had talked with you from my understanding of the text message. Hope you get everything worked out.

Yes Justin we have talked about this numerous times. I'm just not getting anywhere.

I'm not trying to knock Dustin at all. I'm happy with the mechanical upgrades he did. I just would like to get some tuning issues corrected.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
How long have you had your tuning? I've been doing allot of testing for Dustin on his LBZ tunes and the one I have right now works very well. The power delivery is less abrubt, power is about the same and no 0087's I've done countless 0-120 mph runs without issue. Dustin is very busy, I know this doesn't help your issue but I'm sure he will get you runing good.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
I also have the ml converter, George built my trans 7 or 8 months back. Converter feels good drives like stock but you can feel the converter lock alot more.it can build a good amount of boost at launch aswell. I love the work George did. Feels no different in driveability, except when the pedals to the floor banging through the gears!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
How long have you had your tuning? I've been doing allot of testing for Dustin on his LBZ tunes and the one I have right now works very well. The power delivery is less abrubt, power is about the same and no 0087's I've done countless 0-120 mph runs without issue. Dustin is very busy, I know this doesn't help your issue but I'm sure he will get you runing good.

I know he is busy...I saw his shop! I had the truck tuned when he did all the other work he did back in April.

I didn't want the full version of efilive but looking back I should have bought it from him while I was there. I just didn't want to be able to make changes to the tune just to be able to load a tune he sends me...thats why I was waiting for autocal.

I was very impressed at all the work he did for me and didn't think he would complete it in the time he said but he did :thumb:

I just didn't think it would take so long to get an updated set of tunes. :(

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I know he is busy...I saw his shop! I had the truck tuned when he did all the other work he did back in April.

I didn't want the full version of efilive but looking back I should have bought it from him while I was there. I just didn't want to be able to make changes to the tune just to be able to load a tune he sends me...thats why I was waiting for autocal.

I was very impressed at all the work he did for me and didn't think he would complete it in the time he said but he did :thumb:

I just didn't think it would take so long to get an updated set of tunes. :(
I did pretty much the same thing you did. I had Dustin install a dsp5 switch and 5 tunes in my truck. I have my liftpump on a toggle switch and the very next week I forgot to turn it on and got an 0087. I had no way to clear the code, just had to turn the truck off and on and mess with it a while to get it going again. I went back and bought the full version of EFI and the only thing I use it for is clearing codes and installing different tunes.