mishimoto 19 row oil cooler

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
i purchased the mishimoto 19 row oil cooler kit this week several weeks ago i purchased the PPE oil cooler delete kit which consisted of two billet aluminum pieces for well over 300 dollars. there were no installation instructions that covered my truck specifically. I called PPE directly talked to very helpful engineer that informed me that the braided steel lines provided with the mishimoto kit were too small. Does anyone else have any input on this now?????????:confused:

Last edited:

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I agree we need MORE cooling. I am running a larger Fluidyne fluid cooler under my truck. I have pics on here. If running compound turbos your oil will be very hot and that means thin...

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
i originally bought this because i had oil in coolant and the oil cooler was where i found a leak. I got a response from mishimoto that was our oil cooler is a universal unit no information is available on your truck. The lines provided with the kit I have are -10an

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If the cooler was made for -10 lines, You need to make sure the cooler it's self is not too restrictive for -12 lines.

S phinney, are you running no factory oil cooler and an external only? I've always wondered if the coolant was heating the oil or vise versa when pulling hills loaded. From watching my gauges, it looks to be oil making the coolant got when under heavy load in the summer

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
OK guys all this has been very helpful some of you that have a system that works need to get together a parts list and put it some ware on this sight to help guys like me that are wanting to improve or remove part of the system!!! I still have yet to hear from the guy where i bought the oil cooler just goes to show you ALWAYS buy from e seasoned dealer!!!:confused: