Misfit twin kit

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC
I just wanted to post the story of how my truck got twinned. It took me a long time and many headaches, but I got it to work and I figured it was worth telling. I posted this kit for sale 2 years ago, and it was thought to be sold several times over since then. Last year I decided to make it work on my truck, and it came together a little at a time:

picture.php

To make this kit fit my lb7, I had to modify the hot pipe to fit my IHI turbo. I then cut off the flange end of my stock intake horn, and machined the inside of it to the same I.D. as an LBZ horn. I machined the Flange off of the LBZ horn and had them welded together. I bought an LLY Y-bridge, machined the end of the elbow to accept a 2-1/2" silicone boot, and had the elbow welded into the bridge. I had to reroute the fuel return lines with hose, and cut off the FPRV and weld it up solid to make the bridge fit. I cut the flange off the IC pipe that came with the kit, and used a silicone boot to connect it to the bridge. The rest of the kit fit pretty well. The turbo ended up being far enough forward that the air filter hit the core support, but a cutoff wheel provided the necessary clearance. This setup is far from perfect, but after the sale fell through over and over I was determined to see this kit on something, and so far it seems to be working well.

http://youtu.be/0CZxEcFNZPQ

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Lol! We should have gotten together and just traded kits:thumb: I put a MPI lb7 kit on my LLY... Looks good, I like the black stealth look. I had the same issue with the air cleaner hitting the core support, when I was mocking everything up I forgot to install the air cleaner oops, but as you said cutoff wheels work wonders.
IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg