Mirrors!

ctjheiner

May 22, 2011
Idaho
So the wife just hopped in my truck about 20 minutes ago, backed it out of the garage and completely murdered my drivers side mirror :eek:. So it's all sorts of jacked up. I have the 04 push button extending accordion looking pieces of sh!t. So I am actually not too mad she broke it cause I was looking for an excuse to get the taller towing mirrors anyway :thumb:. But as far as she is concerned I'm:mad:.
Anyway, my question is, anybody been able to find a good aftermarket mirror like the stock taller towing mirrors that doesn't shake? My original ones were painted to match the truck. So, my next question is I like the look but can't afford to pay a body shop, what are my options? Is this something I can do in my garage? Thanks for the help

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
1AAuto is a vendor here. They carry some nice aftermarket mirrors. Check out their section in the vendor's forum. Tony will get you fixed up.

ctjheiner

May 22, 2011
Idaho
I plasti dipped my old mirrors to match my truck. Looked good. only cost like 20 bucks.

Did the plasti-dip match the white pretty good? I plasti-dipped my rims black and love em, never thought about the white for the mirrors. I might try that if it matches pretty good.

ctjheiner

May 22, 2011
Idaho
1AAuto is a vendor here. They carry some nice aftermarket mirrors. Check out their section in the vendor's forum. Tony will get you fixed up.

Thanks for the input, hadn't thought about going to the vendor section (I know, should have been my first thought). I'll check it out. Thanks :thumb:

TexasRob

Dec 19, 2012
Canyon Lake Texas
The plasti dip was an ok match with the white. I had bought the glossifier to try go from matte white to gloss white but was too lazy to do it. now the mirrors are off the truck. You couldn't tell the difference on my truck from ten feet though.

1ATony

Jul 2, 2013
If you would like to PM me with all of the features that your mirrors currently have I can see which tow mirrors we carry would work for you.

Thanks for the help Josh.;)

Tony

dieseldave01

supertrucker
Jun 3, 2008
Oxford OH
The plasti dip was an ok match with the white. I had bought the glossifier to try go from matte white to gloss white but was too lazy to do it. now the mirrors are off the truck. You couldn't tell the difference on my truck from ten feet though.

You have any pics of plasti dipped mirrors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk