Mike L has passed away.......

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
You are 100% accurate. Mike came in every day after I took over when he didn’t have to and was able to just enjoy what he loved without the mental burdens of being a business owner. He was just having fun. In my opinion he won at life. He lived to be in 70’s smoking and having his martini’s, owned a very successful company, had plenty of money, made a solid name for himself across the country and beyond. Most importantly he did what loved right up until he passed. Mike and I had different opinions on some things in the transmission world which kept things interesting 😂 but it was always in good fun and I was fortunate to spend the last year and half with him and see the passion he had for this industry.

I had a few talks with Mike when he started discussing retiring. I noted to him that many of my friends would retire, then veg out on the sofa, and pass away shortly thereafter. I'm glad he didn't.

But I wish I could have drug him down to Speed Week at Bonneville. He would have got a kick out of it.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
This is so sad to hear. Truly loved listening to Mike talk and his great stories. I remember when he did my 8.1 gasser Allison, back when he was still in Inglewood (2002), and the vast amount of info he knew. I still wish I had been able to play a round of golf with him. R.I.P.
My condolence's to his wife and family.

Reactions: TheBac

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I just had a friend send me a text and tell me about Mike. So sad to hear this, he was literaly the cog that drove this industry. He will be missed among those who knew him and especially to those who never got the honor. Rest in Peace my friend. God speed...

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
I haven't been on this site in quite a while ,this is very sad news. I have had several transmissions built by Mike and the boys over the years . One was built in 08', never had an issue with it and I still run it hard to this day, it was done in his old Inglewood shop. Mike had tested out some prototypes for me a few times and he always had good feedback. I couldn't even count the hours and hours of conversation with him over the phone and in person through the years. Mike
was knowledgeable in many things and mechanically minded. I would always take notes when talking with him.
Rest In Peace Mike Lovrich.

scramHD

Aug 24, 2008
Tx / MS / AL / MEX / FL
A true pioneer and professional. Helped me a few times over the years. Always willing to talk on the phone to help I always wanted to visit his shop while in California and never got the privilege. God bless his family and friends he will be missed for many years to come. It is a blessing to be able to read all the replies and technical info he was willing to give on here and before this DP.com. Godspeed Sir.

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
I am sorry for y'all's loss. I have only ever read great things about this man and what he did for the sport of diesel racing, as well as what a stand up guy he was. My heart goes out to all of you that knew him and his loved ones as well.

Reactions: DieselDemon18

Lost0187

Mar 3, 2023
North Ga
That’s sad to hear he is one of the greats when it comes to this platform he will surely be missed by the community as well as friends and family.