Mike L has passed away.......

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Mike Lovrich is one of the pioneers who helped expand diesel hotrodding for the digitally controlled common rail engines. He was truly a pioneer in building the Allisons to hold big power.

Somebody should notify the diesel magazines. He is more than worthy of a mention, many of trucks in those publications had Mike L transmissions in them. When Wendy was on the cover of one of them as a 12-second daily driver with a Mike L LBZ trans. The NHRA Museum shoot had several of his trucks there, etc etc.
I will reach out to Diesel Power's KJ Jones and let him know.

Reactions: Dozerboy

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
Must have been a nice guy, and he seemed to help a lot of guys out over the years. I'll pray for his family, and I'm in on a memorial fund or whatever.

Reactions: TheBac

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
So sorry to hear this. Many talks with Mike L over the years. Mike L was an awesome guy and loved his Allison’s. Sure will miss you Mike. Rest In Peace.

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Man, I'm speechless. Mike answered the a couple of my calls, when he really was not obligated to do so. Very helpful guy but never held back on telling you if you were full of crap. Rare personality in today's world.

RIP Mike, Godspeed.

Reactions: TheBac and BoiseRob

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
massive loss for the diesel and transmission industry. I always loved when he said "put a scanner on it" and the OP would come back with the generic P07 code. You knew he had steam coming out of his ears but he was gonna help that guy out no questions asked. Godspeed mike, you were a good human. I hate seeing guys that worked as hard as him not enjoy their retirement. Very tough shoes for evan to fill but i'm sure he will carry the torch

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I hate seeing guys that worked as hard as him not enjoy their retirement.
im not picking on your post @gassux so dont take this post to heart by any means

Every time i had talked to Mike about retirement, he'd always state "what the fuck am i gunna do if i retire? Right now i am having fun doing what im doing. i get to talk to friends day in and day out, hang out with assholes like you, rack my brain over new issues to try to solve them and drive some bad ass trucks. When im no longer having fun, ill think about retiring". Even when he sold the business, he never fully retired. I dont think the man could! He still enjoyed it all and i think he liked pestering @Evan@InglewoodTrans even more lol.

I never got to see him as much as Evan did so i cant say if the business really did wear on him but every time i was there, you could still see that hotrodder spark in his eye. maybe it was the glare off his cigarette or just the sheep wool reflection from the heard in the backgroud but im thinkin not lol.

i dont think he missed out on anything other than less traffic so he could have really opened up the helllcat more or stuck around longer to get the supercharger on the new roush ford f150 he just bought a few months back. Im sure hes up there right now in his favorite car fucking around with everyone on pearly streets! :ROFLMAO::cry:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
im not picking on your post @gassux so dont take this post to heart by any means

Every time i had talked to Mike about retirement, he'd always state "what the fuck am i gunna do if i retire? Right now i am having fun doing what im doing. i get to talk to friends day in and day out, hang out with assholes like you, rack my brain over new issues to try to solve them and drive some bad ass trucks. When im no longer having fun, ill think about retiring". Even when he sold the business, he never fully retired. I dont think the man could! He still enjoyed it all and i think he liked pestering @Evan@InglewoodTrans even more lol.

I never got to see him as much as Evan did so i cant say if the business really did wear on him but every time i was there, you could still see that hotrodder spark in his eye. maybe it was the glare off his cigarette or just the sheep wool reflection from the heard in the backgroud but im thinkin not lol.

i dont think he missed out on anything other than less traffic so he could have really opened up the helllcat more or stuck around longer to get the supercharger on the new roush ford f150 he just bought a few months back. Im sure hes up there right now in his favorite car fucking around with everyone on pearly streets! :ROFLMAO::cry:
how's that saying go? find a job you enjoy and you'll never work a day in your life. I think Mike retired a long time ago and this is what he did in his retirement. this was his "golf" game so to speak. the fact that he stuck around even with Even taking over shows that hot rodding and transmissions where / are his passion

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
I was lucky enough to call him a friend and there will NEVER be another one like him!

Anyone know anything about the funeral arrangements?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
A legend in this industry. So sorry to hear this, sad to see he didn't get to enjoy more of his retirement. You never know what tomorrow brings. Hell of a guy and will be deeply missed! RIP

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Sorry for the poor quality it didn’t upload to YouTube very well.

If anyone knew me they would know I’m not big on burnouts, and Mike always told if I wanted the trans to live don’t do burnouts. But after hearing the news I was driving home and I felt like that Ass hole was sitting next to me encouraging me do to one. So this one is for him

Source: https://youtube.com/shorts/VS9qHtdjXMg?feature=share

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Sorry for the poor quality it didn’t upload to YouTube very well.

If anyone knew me they would know I’m not big on burnouts, and Mike always told if I wanted the trans to live don’t do burnouts. But after hearing the news I was driving home and I felt like that Ass hole was sitting next to me encouraging me do to one. So this one is for him

Source: https://youtube.com/shorts/VS9qHtdjXMg?feature=share
ill bet he was, he always got a kick driving that old girl!

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA

You are 100% accurate. Mike came in every day after I took over when he didn’t have to and was able to just enjoy what he loved without the mental burdens of being a business owner. He was just having fun. In my opinion he won at life. He lived to be in 70’s smoking and having his martini’s, owned a very successful company, had plenty of money, made a solid name for himself across the country and beyond. Most importantly he did what loved right up until he passed. Mike and I had different opinions on some things in the transmission world which kept things interesting 😂 but it was always in good fun and I was fortunate to spend the last year and half with him and see the passion he had for this industry.