Mike L has passed away.......

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Rip Mike seems like yesterday I sent a sheep to your shop as a joke lol. You will be missed by so many and yes he could talk and that’s saying slot for me cause I can talk a lot myself lol.
Fuck Cancer yesterday was 5 years ago that it took my mother.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Just saw someone posted about it on IG so I hopped on to see what had happened. Hate hearing this today. Mike was a super special dude. He’ll surely be missed by a lot of ppl. RIP 🥺

Reactions: TheBac

Potthoffdmax

Mar 2, 2010
Kingman az
Had some great transmissions built by him. What a wonderful person he was always willing talk and explain stuff to some dumb kid. You will be missed buddy.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Wow :cry:. I met him back at Merchant's in 07 for Spring Fling. He had a unique personality for sure, but there is no question as to how much he helped out the diesel (especially Duramax) and hot rodding communities. I believe he had a wife (unless she passed and I was unaware), if she is still alive and someone knows her, is there anything we as a community can do for her or the family (since he contributed so much to us)? Maybe an admin can set up a donation fund if there is.

Cancer sucks!!!!
I talked with his wife when she let me know the bad news. I offered her any assistance she could need but she seemed to have everything covered other than some easily doable odds and ends I can handle for her. Mike was very good with money and had him self in a very good spot. This definitely came out of nowhere and is very, very sad and unfortunate.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Rip Mike seems like yesterday I sent a sheep to your shop as a joke lol. You will be missed by so many and yes he could talk and that’s saying slot for me cause I can talk a lot myself lol.
Fuck Cancer yesterday was 5 years ago that it took my mother.
Yup and it seems like just yesterday when Simon and I stuck it on the mezzanine of his shop!
He will be missed.

DieselDemon18

Aug 25, 2011
Moreno Valley, Ca
I talked with his wife when she let me know the bad news. I offered her any assistance she could need but she seemed to have everything covered other than some easily doable odds and ends I can handle for her. Mike was very good with money and had him self in a very good spot. This definitely came out of nowhere and is very, very sad and unfortunate.
Im glad everything can be handled in this tough time, i hope she can hang in there. If there is any type of public memorial, can we stay informed please? I know alot of us guys from Southern California and SoCal Diesel Trucks club would like to attend

RedHotGMC

stock
Jan 16, 2012
Northern Utah
Very sad day, i havent been on this forum in years but im glad to say Ive been able to meet Mike and spend a day with him. The knowledge he has posted on this forum alone has helped a lot of people and will continue to do so. Rip Mike

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
So sad. Such a loss. I’ve enjoyed talking on the phone with him several times over the past 14 years. He was a hell of a guy and truly unique.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
So sad to hear this. Never met the man, but had the opportunity to speak with him on the phone a couple of times. He will be missed! I will put all of your that were close to him in my family prayers.

Rest easy Mike!

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Very sad to hear. Mike was a great guy. I got two built transmissions built and installed by Mike and he always took the time to talk shit and just hang out like old friends. May he Rest In Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Mike Lovrich is one of the pioneers who helped expand diesel hotrodding for the digitally controlled common rail engines. He was truly a pioneer in building the Allisons to hold big power.

Somebody should notify the diesel magazines. He is more than worthy of a mention, many of trucks in those publications had Mike L transmissions in them. When Wendy was on the cover of one of them as a 12-second daily driver with a Mike L LBZ trans. The NHRA Museum shoot had several of his trucks there, etc etc.