Micks Truck On Dyno

mick

Try anything
Aug 15, 2006
Forestdale. Brisbane.Australia
Put the truck on Dyno Yesterday. I have been unsuccessfully been trying to load a vid onto Photobucket. Truck ran as sweet as. Blew a cupful of coolant after being on there for 5 hours. We spent alot of time getting the wastegates operating right. I can now key in numbers between 30 and 60 psi. EGTs never went past 1480. Boost was controlled to 60 psi max on last run. You can see the boost line underneath and when the wastegates open. Its still making power after they open even when boost drops off.Nice smooth power all the way up. Thanks Mike for the tune and all your time. I know its only the beginning of the project but it really is a good drive.

Last edited:

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Thanks Mick, we've learned a lot and we have a lot more to learn. I know I'm pleased, can't wait for more. Lots of time, but time well spent.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
that is awesome mate (I've been wating to say that for a while now. :D ).

Your truck is that much more awesome because you've done it so mcuh more differently than others before you yet it's working as good or better.

Keep it up bud.

Mitch

duramaxin14

Just Keeping Up
May 25, 2007
Wauchula fl
Mick thats smoking man good job. Did u have problems smoking the tires on the dyno. 733 hp with a stock bottom end at that. Sweet

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Mick that is a beeeutiful truck. Lotsa hard work went into this effort. I totally respect and understand this undertaking, I am attempting it as well. It's TOUGH but pure enjoyment. Neatest thing to me?? Flogged for 5 hrs on the dyno, stock motor? Dual CP's? Stock rods? 60 lbs of boost? OMG!

My hat is off to both you and Mike for forging a new path for Diesels.

If i can be of ANY assistance when you build the motor for the next phase, please let me know.