Meet "Kleshay"

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
If there was any way for you to find the VIN, you could send an email to the Corvette Museum/Registry and ask them if they can help.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
big tires, T-tops off and lake pipes, i was hoping some one would chime in and say "my brother works at the corvette all world VIN data entry office and can find ANY vet ever made with just the name who bought it?????????????????????????????

anybody ?
Maybe a sister ?

Hell, i would take a guess at this point :confused::confused::confused:

Did your family order the car or just buy it off the car lot? Do you happen to have a pic of or know the old license plate number?

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
I have tried to find pics and any paper work, it was bought off the lot in Missorri and all i get is storied from my uncle saying " man i could tell you some shit about the things your dad and I did in that car" , i was working at a gas station in MN in high school on the weekends and a lady comes in "total hot cougar" , and says whats your name, i told her and she says i used to work for your dad and his brother when they would crop dust out here and i was their parts girl, i said really / , she says, have you heard about the vet, i said yes, and she says " i was the only girl who got drive it" , smiles and walks out, i said out loud " adda boy dad, adda boy!!!!"

He dies when i was just a baby but my uncle has looked through any and all paper work trying to find a vin or license plate and we cant dig up anything. He gave me ther dealership and the ins copay they used and i spoke to both and they said it has been too long and all records if any are burried in a shed somewhere .

I figure my only chance is to try to sweet talk a girl on the phone at the old dealership and see if she will try to dig a little deeper:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sorry to drag post of topic gentleman :hug:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Dangit, we've got to try to find your dad's car dude!

Whats the specs on it? What dealership? Sucks it's a 79-80 because as I understand it, VINs became standardized in 1981. Prior to that they may or may not have followed what became the standard.

Did your dad or uncle ever get a ticket in the car?

I found an interesting comment on a google search about how to find an old car... said that even though DMVs and the such can't tell you, a regular citizen, about the whereabouts of a previous vehicle you owned, a licensed private investigator may be able to acquire the info. That's if you don't have "friends in low places". :D But hiring a PI for such a thing isn't an approach I ever would have considered. But if you're desperate enough, maybe a PI can help you out?!

Mods, if someone needs to break out cdbright's car convo into it's own thread, that might be good. There's a lot of interconnected folks on here. Maybe a little internet exposure could help the guy out?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, its been "so far, so good". Its fun to drive, thats for sure. But then, all three of my vehicles make me smile when I drive them. :)

60* and sunny today, so I had to get her out. :)

Still runs great. Plan is to take it into the dealer and have all the fluids changed out as soon as I can.

20210313_172955_resized-jpg.105532

Attachments

• 20210313_172955_resized.jpg
    20210313_172955_resized.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Reactions: Dozerboy