May 9th, Part Tyler

Quickest at San Angelo Dragway 05/09/2009

• Total voters

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
supposed to get to test a 76mm cheetah, but some recent business developments may let cousin Larry start building me a nice LLZ motor too :D

Sweeettt.....If you ever need anybody to do some work for ya ill be free all summer lol

You know if you want you can just give that crappy old Cheetah to me :D

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Sweeettt.....If you ever need anybody to do some work for ya ill be free all summer lol

You know if you want you can just give that crappy old Cheetah to me :D

Already got my son doing all the extra work, and you would probably have to fight Jerry for the Cheetah, he likes the noise :D

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
doubt it, Grants take up less space :D

Dangittt. Well I guess ill just have to be faster than everyone in town on my stock turbo...At least till later this summer. After I save up I was thinkin on takin my truck up to Mark Broviak to do some work.....But Justin is in the process of convincing me to go with a supercharger and turbo setup since he can do that and itd cost about the same.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
got the slicks in yesterday and the truck last night. It has the "service 4 wheel drive" message on so I get to fix that before any racing or tuning gets done.:mad:

I think I saw it today gettin some fuel near chick fil a. The main thing that caught my eye was the orange in the fenders.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
3 days left :D

Gettin close... I cant wait. Tyler said he might be able to help me out installing my gauges when he gets in on Friday. I ordered the drive pressure gauge from Chad last week and since it had to be drop shipped it still isnt here, but do you think you could help with the drive pressure install? Im sure Tyler knows how to do boost and egt but I forgot what parts to get and how to do the drive pressure. I also painted my pod but I accidently kicked it over when it was drying and screwed it up in several places so it looks like crap :rofl: Oh well Ill just have to repaint it later.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Gettin close... I cant wait. Tyler said he might be able to help me out installing my gauges when he gets in on Friday. I ordered the drive pressure gauge from Chad last week and since it had to be drop shipped it still isnt here, but do you think you could help with the drive pressure install? Im sure Tyler knows how to do boost and egt but I forgot what parts to get and how to do the drive pressure. I also painted my pod but I accidently kicked it over when it was drying and screwed it up in several places so it looks like crap :rofl: Oh well Ill just have to repaint it later.

I think I have the rest of the parts to get your drive pressure setup going, need a threaded hole in one of your manifolds, so if you dont already have a spare drilled out then get it done and put a plug in it, need 1/8 npt. I hope you got a 0-100psi full sweep electric gauge. Anyway, i'll be at the track all day Saturday, if you can have Tyler mount the gauge and wire it with the others, I'll put the rest of it together for you Saturday.......If I dont have the parts, I will just need two compression fittings and a 6" section of copper tubing, you can get all of this at Westlake for probably less than $5.00, Pm me tonite to see if I have this stuff.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
I think I have the rest of the parts to get your drive pressure setup going, need a threaded hole in one of your manifolds, so if you dont already have a spare drilled out then get it done and put a plug in it, need 1/8 npt. I hope you got a 0-100psi full sweep electric gauge. Anyway, i'll be at the track all day Saturday, if you can have Tyler mount the gauge and wire it with the others, I'll put the rest of it together for you Saturday.......If I dont have the parts, I will just need two compression fittings and a 6" section of copper tubing, you can get all of this at Westlake for probably less than $5.00, Pm me tonite to see if I have this stuff.

Yup I specifically ordered a 0-100 psi full sweep electric gauge.....Ill pm you tonight and whatever you dont have ill go buy tomorow.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
This thing is very dirty:mad: He must have been offroading. I have my work cut out for me-the frame is covered, trans, transfer case, engine. Going to be a long 3 days

Ya it was kinda dirty but still looked good.... I have since stopped going mudding since I went last time. It never goes away and is a PITA to get off. And it always comes falling in your eyes and mouth when your trying to work underneath the truck.

Last edited:
May 21, 2008
Stephenville Tx
I will see James what time I get in Friday but I know Sat I have to get up and help Jeff with his trans and block the egr. I sware everytime I come down I have to work on his truck:rolleyes:.I doubt I am entering the show N shine Jeff might.I will be ready for the night action though.:rockon: