May '23 Chat -- May-be we'll come up with a name later, or May-be not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I tried Brazilian Ju Jitsu a few months ago but shoot the intro costs are pretty up there and I was not a big fan of it.

Would like to get into boxing but full time work and full time school has held me back from it.
Ya we have to keep an eye on the cost. We looked a Ballet and Gymnastics. The cost just went up to fast for us. Here a 6 month contract paided up front is like $110 a month IIRC. That's unlimited classes and they have 3 classes available a day. When she gets to the point that she starts sparring we will have to get her the gear. And then if she starts competing we would have travel too.

shakenfake

Moron
Sep 15, 2022
Shlumpt, TX
That’s not too bad. Travel and competing gets you though. A lot of my coworkers are paying 5 figures on travel ball for their kids. I honestly cannot imagine doing that especially if you know your kid doesn’t take it serious or sees a future in it.

Martial arts is awesome though and I applaud you for encouraging and supporting your daughter to do it! I wish I had done more as a kid, there are a ton of lessons to learn there.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
In Cocoa Beach for boat race this weekend, and hope to catch a SpaceX launch and landing tonight. While at the race pits, I noticed a couple R44's doing short tours. So the wife and I jumped in for a 20 minute flight around the cape and down the beach.

Besides the Falcon 9 on the launch pad, caught one being rolled out of the referb facility [last pix]. It's pretty sweet to see the whole operation all from the air. Not really that big of location when ya think about landing those big sticks on the return.

I ask the Robinson pilot for the best spot to watch from, to which he said, this seat.. Ok, I'm considering taking him up on that one...
b5f58ea61e26a39a84cb19e1877ac9af.jpg
88288bcc396fa6cd93fe8b708270c288.jpg
3b1ae4db985dbc5816f0541812e9dc97.jpg
d0c1813d121ffc9f02a1def4d8ae5a3e.jpg
24104f934455543057614b2225d48ee4.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
That looks like Port Canaveral. We were just there last year after our son's wedding, dropping the kids off at their ship for their cruise honeymoon.
Seeing a Saturn V up close at the museum was on my bucket list, not to mention the Shuttle. :)

Reactions: kidturbo

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well guys, its Wedding Week. Tent, tables and chairs come in on Wed, also have to go pick up the bar. Portajohns come in on Thurs. Rehearsal dinner is Friday. Saturday is the Big Day.

Punch list is getting short. We all put in a longgg day today. I just have to keep the lawn mowed, spread some mulch and do some painting. Roni and Hannah have to finish some decorating and signage.

I'll try to remember to put up the June chat thread. Its on my To Do list. :LOL:

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
If anything gets F'd up just make sure it's the son-in-law. They'll need at least one thing that's trivial to argue about for the first year

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Ive told Hannah that if her wedding goes perfectly, we wont remember any of it. Its the screw-ups (and the solutions) that you look back and laugh about. With Kole's, it was the last-second party bus rental for the bridal party, and Kole not remembering to tell the uncles they were supposed to do the readings and be ushers, among other things.

Reactions: 2004LB7

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
^^ that sounds about right. I don’t remember crap other than fucking with my wife with the “sand pour” during the ceremony and all of us friends getting far too fucked up. Oh and the fact my parents friends wife showing up in white. I had 0 clue about that crap till the next day when Erin told me

Reactions: gmduramax

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
You got that right Tom! I guess unlike a lot of things in my wife's and our lifes our wedding must have gone pretty good. Cause I don't remember much about it. I do remember my wife telling me for whatever reason last minute she was in a panic attack thinking I was gonna stand her up..... lol

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I remember four things about Roni's and my wedding

1) How stunning (and scared shitless!) she looked coming down the aisle. But then, I probably looked scared shitless too (but not stunning) :LOL:
2) "Tying the knot" - literally, with two pieces of rope the priest brought in (we had to work together to do it, using one hand each)
3) Finally drinking the little bottle of Green Jack Daniels that my brother had given me 15 years before for whenever I got married
4) Bringing in a toolbag and having my best man Mark hand me tools while I was under Roni's skirt looking for the garter. Hil-arious. :ROFLMAO:

As for Roni being scared, she told me a story about her adventures that morning, getting ready. She had just got her hair done, and was in her Z24 Cavalier (remember that blue one I drove when BBT's engine was being rebuilt?) sitting at a light, smoking a cigarette, looking freaked out. The driver in the next car honked at her, so she rolled her window down. The lady said "It'll be alright dear, everything will work out just fine. Relax and have fun. Congratulations!"

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
That's awesome. Your lucky to be able to provide a space to host it. I would have no desire to do it in some large rented hall or other venue. What you have there will make it extra special.

Status
Not open for further replies.