manual trans diesel record "build"

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I was digging thru my drawer today and found a crap load of tickets from my reg cab lb7. I ran dual fuelers, 30 overs, single 4202, and found a stack of tickets with 11.5x passes. Hopefully you have the same luck :D

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I was digging thru my drawer today and found a crap load of tickets from my reg cab lb7. I ran dual fuelers, 30 overs, single 4202, and found a stack of tickets with 11.5x passes. Hopefully you have the same luck :D

That would be sweet! I found out the event this weekend has a 750 dollar reward for fastest truck and another 750 for most powerful on the dyno.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Why do you still have wipers? I thought you said weight reduction:D

At the same time to win the money this weekend your truck has to be street leagle and I'm not breaking any of those rules yet other than the fender exhaust. But if we're gonna get technical you would also have to have a muffler, which sure none of the guys there will.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Just did some hoodless power shifted rolling starts and this thing is a monster above 2600 rpm. Pulls pretty good just from the weight reduction then the turbo lights and it pulls hard up over 4k. Hopefully the light weight gets me off the line and then the 75 will take over somewhere towards the end of the 60 foot mark. T case brace is on, need to adress the exhaust and a return line leak. Which by the way can I just get oring for the return t's it's a brand new line I might have ripped an oring though.

Didn't miss a beat on the full throttle shifts, come into the next gear smoother than I expected. Not very Violent but still very aggressive. Got some good logs to send mark to make sure everything is good to go. I think max boost we seen was 50 psi in 5th, these trucks seem to have low boost in the lower gears. 50 was good to see, don't know if it's just not loading as hard on the light truck. Figured I'd see 60 plus but it runs just fine at the 50 psi we had.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Don't tear it up before you take it Friday

Saturday, you coming up corbin? Yeah I haven't launched it yet trying to do real testing before I get it there though. If mark says the logs look good i might do one launch on the street before the event.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Saturday, you coming up corbin? Yeah I haven't launched it yet trying to do real testing before I get it there though. If mark says the logs look good i might do one launch on the street before the event.

My bad Saturday yeah.. I plan to come up, see how the week goes

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Bed is completely done! That headboard was heavy, I figured stripping the bed and ditching the t bars were about the same. I think there might be more in the bed even with adding tubing back. T bars will be next on the list. I'd love it if this thing was under 5500 pounds. Think we're gonna leave early Saturday and get it on a scale.

Might have found a potential boost leak, I tightened up my vband from the compressor housing to hot side pipe it was pretty loose. Then I thought about it and I loosened up the compressor housing on the actual turbo and let it clock itself with the ic pipe v band tight. The compressor housing jumped counterclockwise about a quarter inch. Must have been in a small bind. Got the second smallest oring napa had and fixed my return line t, no leaks yet. Gonna gut the hood still but leave the hinges with no springs and leave the hood latch for now, leaving enough material for those things to stay functional of course. A few very small things amd she will be ready to roll.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
picture.php

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
Do you know how much the truck weighed before weight reduction? Ever get the truck dynoed to know what your base line was? Just for comparison after all is done.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Do you know how much the truck weighed before weight reduction? Ever get the truck dynoed to know what your base line was? Just for comparison after all is done.

Corbin had replied to a thread about what the truck weighed before I got it from him. I believe it was 6250ish with 20s and all terrains. No baseline for power.

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
I wish all frame crossmembers were that simple, maybe then I could get my spare tire actually hidden... Looks like its coming along nicely!!

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I wish all frame crossmembers were that simple, maybe then I could get my spare tire actually hidden... Looks like its coming along nicely!!

Yeah i can't wait to get a time slip. She is definitely light and makes some power. Got just a few small things to do before I go crush some auto lovers at this event.