manual trans diesel record "build"

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
Good luck. That'd be an awesome trophy to have. You might spark a time beating war lol.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Good luck. That'd be an awesome trophy to have. You might spark a time beating war lol.

I've already got a few messages on insta and my new Facebook. Bunch of people asking just about everything lol. I answer them all honesty, I think a built engine zf setup like mine could do mid tens alot easier than everyone thinks. I think there's some stick shift guys out there with a fire under there ass now.

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
I've already got a few messages on insta and my new Facebook. Bunch of people asking just about everything lol. I answer them all honesty, I think a built engine zf setup like mine could do mid tens alot easier than everyone thinks. I think there's some stick shift guys out there with a fire under there ass now.
Hell ya man. I've had sticks my whole life besides a 06 dodge and my current 08 lmm. Wish they never did away with the stick in GM trucks. Good luck man I look forward to watching your shatter the record sounds like your on the right track for sure. Mid tens would be nuts in a stick. Although I don't remember the times and this is kind of apples and oranges there was a guy I seen on YouTube who set some crazy ass record in a Subaru sti with stock interior weight that was a manual. And I wanna say one of the records was fastest 0 to 60. I bring it up because you can definitely set records as long as you can shift.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Hell ya man. I've had sticks my whole life besides a 06 dodge and my current 08 lmm. Wish they never did away with the stick in GM trucks. Good luck man I look forward to watching your shatter the record sounds like your on the right track for sure. Mid tens would be nuts in a stick. Although I don't remember the times and this is kind of apples and oranges there was a guy I seen on YouTube who set some crazy ass record in a Subaru sti with stock interior weight that was a manual. And I wanna say one of the records was fastest 0 to 60. I bring it up because you can definitely set records as long as you can shift.

appreciate the kind words. Almost just doing this to prove it to myself that it can be done.
I think people like hearing it's a zf, then I tell them it's a stock engine with a cast wheel s475 lol

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
appreciate the kind words. Almost just doing this to prove it to myself that it can be done.
I think people like hearing it's a zf, then I tell them it's a stock engine with a cast wheel s475 lol
Haha ya well I hope you can do it. That things gonna shit and get either way. What clutch did you go with?

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
Oh ya I forgot the newer Colorados come in a manual. Only 2 wheel drive models and I doubt that includes the duramax model.

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
South bend ceramic dual disc. A manual Colorado diesel would be pretty sweet!
Nice. I went with that in my old 7.3. Good clutch more then I needed. But ya idk if that includes the Colorado duramax. Doubtful. I know two different guys who had the zf Trans and after a better clutch was installed they were bulletproof.

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
So is it the same transmission as the one that was in my 7.3? May be a dumb question.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
So is it the same transmission as the one that was in my 7.3? May be a dumb question.

They are slightly different, gears are cut at a steeper angle on the gm version to reduce Noise but lowered the torque rating on the gm. Ford had a tranny cooler in the radiator like an auto with a fluid pump in the trans and gm doesn't. Gm added a sloppy rubber bushing to the shifter to reduce noise also. Which made it hard to feel gears so they made the pattern wider on the gm version. All I know is the gm version is rated for 520 foot Pounds I believe and I know they take way more than that.

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
They are slightly different, gears are cut at a steeper angle on the gm version to reduce Noise but lowered the torque rating on the gm. Ford had a tranny cooler in the radiator like an auto with a fluid pump in the trans and gm doesn't. Gm added a sloppy rubber bushing to the shifter to reduce noise also. Which made it hard to feel gears so they made the pattern wider on the gm version. All I know is the gm version is rated for 520 foot Pounds I believe and I know they take way more than that.
That's interesting. Can you put one up to a lmm?