LLY: MAf delete

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
yea that would make a difference. But I see your point. It can be done and truck runs fine

Yes, it will not make any difference on how it runs WOT.

With MAF on and some time spent on the limiting tables, you could practically just stomp the throttle to the floor immediately and the limiting would only give it xx amount of mm3 as it saw increases in air grams per cyl, so it would almost 'spool itself'. This doesnt exactly apply when you get into big chargers like we run but you get the point. When you turn MAF off, it will no longer be this way. If you floor it, it will full fuel immediately. It will just be more sensitive to your throttle input; you will be able to stall out the turbine momentum by overfueling just as easy.

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
change of mind maf is gone. :thumb: I really don't feel like putting sensor back into harness. Come to think of it I have forgot to plug maf sensor back a few times and the truck ran fine other than throwing a code

bobxr50

Been around
Mar 3, 2008
mn
I ran two years without one and had to change a couple tables to make the fuel come on faster.

But it never ran as good as with it installed.

Then I found the timing tables A, B and C (Lb7) are altitude controlled and it defaulted to table A without MAF and I only changed C and kept A stock. After I copied C to A it was great!!
No MAF now.

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
If your tuner is the same one I talked to this morning (Mark at Danville) He told me it can be done but it is a lot easier to tune a truck with maf. He said best thing to do is leave it plugged up and tie it up somewhere and rescale it so it reads it WOT voltage wise.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
If your tuner is the same one I talked to this morning (Mark at Danville) He told me it can be done but it is a lot easier to tune a truck with maf. He said best thing to do is leave it plugged up and tie it up somewhere and rescale it so it reads it WOT voltage wise.

Yes, Mark tunes my truck and it runs great!!!

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I think the biggest key player with running MAF vs no MAF is how streetable you want the truck. Yes it's understandable that with no MAF tuning you can control the fuel easily with your right foot. However the transmission shift points are also controlled by your right foot. I ran a MAF-less setup for a while and was finding myself manually downshifting a lot since I couldn't "force" a downshift with the throttle pedal without overfueling the truck.

I still have a MAF-less tune that I run for the track/dyno/sledpull as in those conditions I like being able to manually control fuel.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I tried it both ways, damaged 2 MAF sensors within a couple months some time back. Getting all the tables correct was a pain "in my setup.."

Ended up putting it back in the stack along with the rich lean controller mod. That worked great cause I could clean it up or smoke it out with simple turn of the knob.. Plus it ran much better overall with it on. But if was racing or pulling all the time, I'd chuck it...

:thumb:

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I didn't remember seeing your truck there, must've been on a piss break.

How did you like the nice town of Coshocton? :rofl:

Air kill slid shut on first attempt, begged for a 2nd and they caved. Rain delayed the pull quite a bit, we got home at 5:30am. Back to work @8(late). That's actually the 2nd closted ostpa hook for us. Good facility for pulling, maybe not much else?

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Air kill slid shut on first attempt, begged for a 2nd and they caved. Rain delayed the pull quite a bit, we got home at 5:30am. Back to work @8(late). That's actually the 2nd closted ostpa hook for us. Good facility for pulling, maybe not much else?

I don't live there, couple towns over. It's gone down hill over the years, plenty to do if you like to drink beer or smoke meth. Actually some very good hunting ground out that way.