LLY: MAf delete

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
Going to a remote mount turbo for sled pulling truck and I was wondering if I can do away with maf sensor and just have it tuned different in the program?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
yes sir! i know of quite a few guys that have done that. how exactly im not sure but i know it can be done

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
That's cause your foot becomes smoke control lol

Exactly. On the street, it would take a tender throttle foot to drive it clean. Pull truck, it will work great. Just may have to modify your throttle input while spoooling compared to previously. Without maf, you can overfuel it and stall any turbine momentum out just as easily as other way around.

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
my tuner say truck will run like crap without it. Bad thing is I already took sensor/wiring out of harness already. I was under the impression that it could be done and have no issues.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
my tuner say truck will run like crap without it. Bad thing is I already took sensor/wiring out of harness already. I was under the impression that it could be done and have no issues.

It can. "Run like crap" may mean it'll be smokey

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
It can and HAS been done. Yes it will be smokier, and will require ALOT more tuning to the max injection quantities to keep the fueling under control. Most tuners don't want to do it because of all the control you lose over fueling, and how much harder it makes dialing in your throttle base and max injection quantities tables. I think(not certain) you might be able to convert to a boost referencing system instead of a maf referencing system, but it is no where near as good of a control syrategy.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Have you told Tony it's for a pull truck? He probably just wouldn't want to write a tune like that for street use.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I was told you need to keep the MAF on a auto truck. Mine is a LB7, not sure if different for LLY's.

Strange. i drove with a "no MAF tune" years ago on a race tune for the track, did fine there and the drive there as well as back. definitely could be smokey without watching your throttle input. LB7 as well back then and on trents tuning at the time

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Strange. i drove with a "no MAF tune" years ago on a race tune for the track, did fine there and the drive there as well as back. definitely could be smokey without watching your throttle input. LB7 as well back then and on trents tuning at the time

I think technically you can remove it, but for a dedicated pull truck were your sitting at the line trying to spool a big turbo it's alot harder to control the fueling with out it. On a manual pull truck, no MAF needed.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I think technically you can remove it, but for a dedicated pull truck were your sitting at the line trying to spool a big turbo it's alot harder to control the fueling with out it. On a manual pull truck, no MAF needed.

oh i see what your saying