M5 had no clue

llybyppe

May 11, 2009
While I didn't win or really lose either it was still a blast. Getting on the freeway I am waiting for the traffic lights or thise carpool lights to turn and I pull next to not a brand new m5 but one of the year before. Regardless a very fast car. Didn't spool up or put in 4wheel drive just nailed it. We're neck and neck with hime when I looked over and decided that I better brake because the lanes merged. Caught up with him a little ways down and he was just in shock that he couldn't beat a big black truck. Not a day goes by that my duramax doesn't put a grin on my face

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
While I didn't win or really lose either it was still a blast. Getting on the freeway I am waiting for the traffic lights or thise carpool lights to turn and I pull next to not a brand new m5 but one of the year before. Regardless a very fast car. Didn't spool up or put in 4wheel drive just nailed it. We're neck and neck with hime when I looked over and decided that I better brake because the lanes merged. Caught up with him a little ways down and he was just in shock that he couldn't beat a big black truck. Not a day goes by that my duramax doesn't put a grin on my face
Thats impressive because the new m5s are v10s i believe and very bad ass 450 h.p. IIRC,We have a old 98 540 v8 6 speed and its no sloutch by anymeans

mb1

Nov 15, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta

Nice work! What's all done to your rig?

llybyppe

May 11, 2009
Efi tow tune
bd manifold
Swiss cheesed air box
Diamond eye down pipe.
Nothing special:woott:

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Efi tow tune
bd manifold
Swiss cheesed air box
Diamond eye down pipe.
Nothing special:woott:

He must not have stood on the throttle in that m5

---------------------------------
08 LMM Chevy CCSB
Relentless Diesel trans
JoshH EfiLive tuning
554hp 1014ft-lbs 7/30/11

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I agree that the "M5 had no clue"! If the driver was aware of a race, you would have got your ass handed to ya, even with a poor driver. The "limo tent" might be an advantage though ;)
08 LMM LTZ Every option available black on black
Diamond eye down pipe only. No exhaust just down pipe
BD manifold
PPE airbox mod
EFI tow tune by LBZRCKS
Cobalt pyro,boost, & fuel rail gauges
Limo tent all the way around with black bow ties
20" fuels on 33" nitto terra grapplers
Leveling kit with Firestone airbags

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Im sorry, but that M5 must have not even been trying. If he was actually over 75% throttle he would have absolutely smoked you. Or it was a 5-series with an M5 badge....

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
Thats impressive because the new m5s are v10s i believe and very bad ass 450 h.p. IIRC,We have a old 98 540 v8 6 speed and its no sloutch by anymeans

pretty sure they've been 500hp for the last couple of years and may even be a tad more now. My buddy has one and there's no way in hell I'd try him in a 400-450rwhp truck. That mother pulls HARD!!!!

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I was depressed about my truck a little after seeing you had stuck with one because mine sure didn't! We went from 60mph roll though & he pulled on my quite easily. Sucked too cause he was a younger man (guessing early - mid 30's) with a hot little blonde beside him. I've thought my truck has gotten weaker over the years but not so much that it can't beat an M5 but an LMM with a tow tune & stock trans can.

I'm thinking the M5 didn't try very hard to beat you or by the time he realized you were trying, it was time to let out. Those cars have some ass!

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Maybe it was one of the little bit older 400hp v8 M5's??

I have a buddy with one, it runs good but not good enough (from a dig) :)

The new ones have several engine options iirc and some of them are downright nasty!

Sharks06LLY

May 15, 2010
Tampa Fl
umm he wasnt trying imo, we have a 2008 here at the lot and ive driven it. even without it in M mode it would spank my truck and i have about the same as you but running a 150hp street tune from rob, i put it in M and took off the traction control and it was down right impressive how quickly it shot to 100 from 20 mph ( dont want to burn tires cause then i would get in trouble :p)

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
I'm in love with M5s,,,, I've never been in a car that cruised 150 so easy and smoothly :D really it felt like we were going 70,,, if it wasn't for the streak that was cars in the slow lane we were passing i never woulda guessed we were rolling like we were.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
No I'm not sure what I'm at. My buddy has same mpi twin kit as me. Cruises around on his dyno proven 630rwhp tune everyday. Its a lmm with robs tuning. Dual fuelers and not sure what his new injectors are. And its got 2 hotter tunes but not for street. I'm goin to dyno mine soon to see where I'm at before I add the dual fuelers and injectors. I should be around 6-630 before that.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I would like to ride in a newer m5 now. Thanks guys. Lol only car that I've been in that handles speeds like your talkin was a 08 with a pro charger. Was a fun car to.

DIGGLER

Feb 6, 2011
SC
just curious- what does the typical 2500 with a tune run in the 1/8? i know of a LLY crewcab dually with banks 6 gun that ran 9.0's..... my stock LS1 camaro went 8.59, and i would think a new m5 would be somewhere in that area?

Dec 2, 2006
TN
just curious- what does the typical 2500 with a tune run in the 1/8? i know of a LLY crewcab dually with banks 6 gun that ran 9.0's..... my stock LS1 camaro went 8.59, and i would think a new m5 would be somewhere in that area?

I ran a 8.1 @ 84 with a LBZ EC/SB, trans, tune, lift pump..