low fuel pressure need help!!!!

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
boy do i feel like an idiot the race plug is just that a plug. anyhow my industrial injection pump is bad according to dave's diesel in defiance ohio it has less than 10k miles on it:confused:
I called industrial injection they said it probably wasnt their pump but to send it to them and they would test it for me then tell me if anything what is wrong and give me an estimate. what do you guys think about industrial injection pumps????:mad:

Modded pumps aren't reliable. I have friends who have been thru several. Most of the guys you here say there aren't an issues don't really drive their trucks much. I was thinking of a newer modded pump bc they are cast, but I'm still hesitant bc of issues just like yours...

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
i am going to do a bottle test but i might have a problem.
i deleted all the extra lines return and supply i could to clean up the motor as far as the return is concerned on the drivers side i had to replace them because they were leaking so when i did that i deleted the steel return line that runs across the front of motor then i just ran a line from the passenger side injectors and t'd into the passenger side return lines. I hope this didnt hurt anything it seemed ok to me and i am sure I checked on this before i did it:confused: I am going to try a bottle test but not sure how to do it on my truck???:confused:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
It's probably the pump but it could also be bad injectors/tips... If they are returning to much fuel, they can show fine on balance rates but still be bad.

I fought a rail pressure issue on my truck for awhile until I got the stuff gathered up to check the return fuel. I had two bad tips causing my low rail pressure.

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
when you did the test how far did you drive it or at all??? thanks i can get a return line kit from a local shop and rig my own up for each side my injectors were used but bought from a guy on this sight everything seemed OK for first 2500 miles. thanks i will let you know results

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Your supposed to just crank the engine for 30 seconds or so I can't remember? I just started mine for like 15 seconds, it was obvious which ones were bad. If you search on here Henry had posted the gm test.