low fuel pressure need help!!!!

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
I have a 08 LMM with an industrial injection 85% stroker cp3 truck starts fine runs normal other than when i stomp on it fuel rail pressure goes to 24 KPSI then drops to 4 to 6 KPSI and stays there. Other than that runs fine do not get code till after i stomp on it then get low fuel rail pressure code. could this be fuel rail sensor????:confused:

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
no leaks anywhere and lift pump pumping not sure of pressure but only has 2500 miles on it going to check pressure tomorrow and filters.:thumb:

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
i used all new fuel lines checked fuel from airdog to motor plenty of fuel to cp3. thinking cp3 going bad. bought used industrial injection 85% strocker pump from local puller that supposedly only had 5k miles on it????? it is getting worse. Is there a way I can check out the cp3?????:(

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Unplug the fpr on the cp3 and log commanded and desired rail pressure and see if it maxes out at 29,000 is the only thing I can think of?

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
no leaks anywhere and lift pump pumping not sure of pressure but only has 2500 miles on it going to check pressure tomorrow and filters.:thumb:

Your race plug could be returning fuel due to not sealing properly and you wouldn't know it. I would do a bottle test it's easy and eliminates that from the equation.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Pull the return line off the driver rail and pinch it off. Run a line from the rail to a bottle and take the truck for a drive or turn up rail pressure at idle and see if the rail is returning fuel. If the bottle is dry your good.

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
i changed fuel filter on airdog 165 and installed fuel pressure gauge before cp3 took test drive and pressure dropped couple pounds when i put accelerator to floor but no more than that and fuel rail pressure still went to 3.3 kpsi and truck would not accelerate at all. going to do bottle test tomorrow.

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
boy do i feel like an idiot the race plug is just that a plug. anyhow my industrial injection pump is bad according to dave's diesel in defiance ohio it has less than 10k miles on it:confused:
I called industrial injection they said it probably wasnt their pump but to send it to them and they would test it for me then tell me if anything what is wrong and give me an estimate. what do you guys think about industrial injection pumps????:mad: