Lots of fuel in Oil!!

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
So i went to do the rear main seal on a buddies truck, and when i pulled out the rear seal, about 3 liters of oil came out!!! It smelled like diesel and was extremely thin!! I checked the level and its about 2inches over full!!!:eek:

So where is this fuel coming from?? The truck is an 04 and it has about 230,000KMS on it. The truck runs very smooth! So could it be a fuel line?? Or leaking from the CP3?? Please help!!

dearthr

Mobile Chernobyl
Apr 12, 2010
If it is an LB7, there is a good chance it is an injector body cracked. I have a video where I pulled, and several people commented that it sounded like the truck was "missing" going down the track. I drove the truck home, and noticed my fuel gauge had dropped alot more than expected for the trip. I quickly glanced at fuel pressure and it was about 1/2 of what it normally reads cruising at highway speeds. I pulled over and oil was pouring out of the motor. Turns out it was a cracked injector body. A fuel line could potentially be the problem along with several other things. Prepare for the worst... and good luck!

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
[QUOTE Prepare for the worst... and good luck![/QUOTE]
Thanks, thats the plan!!

I'll check tomorrow to see if its an LB7 or LLY.

SHOTZY

<"Whats next??"
Aug 27, 2008
melbourne, fl
thats what i was thinking, cause aren't the LB7's common for this?? But the truck still runs smooth???:confused:

Very common. 5th truck in last 2 months for me. (People I know) Have the injectors been replaced before? If no I would replace them all if money allows. If so, try and pin point which one. Start by checkin balance rates. If one is way out, its a good possibility thats the bad guy. The only way to be sure is to pull a vacuum on each one. PITA Usually the dealer does this. Good luck bro .....Btw she'll only run smooth until the crank case gets full enough that the crank sloshes through the fuel! Shook like a sob at idle.

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
Word of advice, stand clear when you drain the crank. I pulled my plug and wore a gallon or so of fuel oil mix. Also be sure you have a big drain pan, I had 6-7 gallons and used a 5 gallon drain pan.

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
well sorry it took so long to post back. i have the new ones in and it runs WAY better then before. so smooth!! all and all it took me roughly 12 hours to do. is that about right?? but i looked at all the injectors and they all looked fine from what i could see. but its fixed and running great, and thats all that matters!! Thanks for the input everybody!!