looking for quiet exhaust

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Thanks ill look into it. Anyone know if their quiet tone front pipe can be used with MBRP system? I hate to replace entire system!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Diamond Eye offers a weld in and clamp in part to make your front pipe like there quiet tone. They do not show any stock they do show just the front pipe with stock in that.
Front pipe
http://www.diamondeyeperformance.com/popup_image.php?pID=176
Weld in or with ends
http://www.diamondeyeperformance.com/popup_image.php?pID=237

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
...The quite tone from Diamone Eye runs the setup in the front pipe along with the muffler out back.

The quiet tone 4" exhaust system I got from diamond eye has only a muffler, nothing else...what "setup" are you talking about in the "front pipe" cuz when I ordered mine 18 months ago, there were only two options on my LBZ, muffler or no muffler, which was not the "quiet tone" option

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
The quiet tone 4" exhaust system I got from diamond eye has only a muffler, nothing else...what "setup" are you talking about in the "front pipe" cuz when I ordered mine 18 months ago, there were only two options on my LBZ, muffler or no muffler, which was not the "quiet tone" option

They don't list the quiet tone for 04.5+ as the quiet tone resonator takes the place of the factory cat, and they no longer advertise cat delete exhausts. Sort of like how the LB7 exhaust will bolt onto an LMM with a few minor hanger tweaks, but they don't advertise it that way for emissions reasons. The DIAMOND EYE with quiet tone front pipe is a pretty quiet exhaust. You can also swap in a CORSA muffler if you want it quiet inside but loud outside. You cheapest option would be to just add in a resonator to your MBRP exhaust up front where teh cat converter would go on a LLY+ truck.

Gello

Apr 15, 2013
Thanks I'm gonna try that. It's too loud for me. Damm I'm getting old. Took my edge out this weekend, forgot what a dog truck is. Come on efi live. Can't get here fast enough!!!!

jevanb

Feb 28, 2011
montrose, michigan
I have a banks monster muffler on my truck and it is really quite, I did put in a straight pipe once and towed 1 time, wife said PUT IT BACK ON.. the drone was terrible and was super load. The only time it get loud is at WOT with the camper 13k on back

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Diamond Eye offers a weld in and clamp in part to make your front pipe like there quiet tone. They do not show any stock they do show just the front pipe with stock in that.
Front pipe
http://www.diamondeyeperformance.com/popup_image.php?pID=176
Weld in or with ends
http://www.diamondeyeperformance.com/popup_image.php?pID=237
Henry how does the inside of the weld in look? My truck is pretty loud now that I'm running an S475, I'd like to quiet it down a notch but I don't want to sacrifice performance if possible. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it too lol.

Jeff P

hail the V8 diesel
May 28, 2008
Queensland Australia
I run the full corsa exhaust with a diamond eye downpipe, when towing the drone was downright annoying, I fitted a balistic cat in the front engine pipe still droned changed the corsa muffler for a hushpower one still has a drone but not as bad as with the corsa muffler. The corsa system when not towing sounds awesome!

Aaron@LDS

Goin' Broke!
Vendor/Sponsor
Jan 19, 2013
Saint Johnsville, NY
I just installed the Corsa muffler to replace my MBRP muffler. The Corsa still (quietly) drones at 1600-1800 rpms. But It is much quieter than MBRP. You can actually hear yourself think now... Even when you hear the exhaust hum.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Henry how does the inside of the weld in look? My truck is pretty loud now that I'm running an S475, I'd like to quiet it down a notch but I don't want to sacrifice performance if possible. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it too lol.

The links I added with the pic on the bottom is the best I could find for the add on from there site. Never saw it in person and today was the first time I found the option to even supply that option. After removing the muffler off my 5" Mbrp kit it seemed more quiet. Then once the Gt4202R came off for the twins it just whistles a lot :woott::happy2:

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
They don't list the quiet tone for 04.5+ as the quiet tone resonator takes the place of the factory cat, and they no longer advertise cat delete exhausts. Sort of like how the LB7 exhaust will bolt onto an LMM with a few minor hanger tweaks, but they don't advertise it that way for emissions reasons. The DIAMOND EYE with quiet tone front pipe is a pretty quiet exhaust. You can also swap in a CORSA muffler if you want it quiet inside but loud outside. You cheapest option would be to just add in a resonator to your MBRP exhaust up front where teh cat converter would go on a LLY+ truck.

They advertise it for 04.5-07? They still advertise dpf delete kits as well?

Gello

Apr 15, 2013
Have a diamond eye front pipe coming. See what happens!

kirkland

Apr 7, 2013
Oklahoma
I hate to steal your thread but I am looking to awaken my truck.. When you guys say drone? I guess I don't get it lol am I gonna get tired of the noise? I grew up in straight piped 12 valves lol so I don't mind the noise but we never bought an exhaust kit .. I will be doing the EGR and DPF delete with a tuner all at the same time .. What am I gonna be happy with lol 4" 5" ? Muffler no muffler? There's to many dang choices

Last edited:

Gello

Apr 15, 2013
My truck sounds nice with the 4 inch MBRP turbo back. I'm gonna be towing for a 18 hour clip. Almost no drone at 2200 rpms, but starts to drone at about 1800 and I've yet to do the down pipe. If you're looking for a nice deep tone especially when you get on it. This is a nice system! I'd leave it if I wasn't gonna be towing. It sounds like a flow master on a old chevy small block to me, just my opinion.