Looking for an OBD2 to V2 cable

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I’m in need of a new obd to v2 cable. SoCal wants 56 bucks plus the cost of the cable to ship it through the iron curtain lol and efilive is like 5 weeks delivery for some reason.

So just wondering if any of the other vendors here can do a bit better than either of those.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Thats what mine looks like, its OBD2 on one end and RJ45 on the other.
Yup that’s what I need.
The RJ45 end is miled out and the lock clip is gone. It’s one bad bump mid flash away from catastrophe.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Yup that’s what I need.
The RJ45 end is miled out and the lock clip is gone. It’s one bad bump mid flash away from catastrophe.
Mines been broke for years. I loop the cable around the V2 when I'm flashing so it can't fall out. Then I lucked out and picked up a like new V2 off craigslist for free, and nabbed the cable out of it.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I would call a local PC repair shop or network shop to see if they can put a new RJ45 end on it. I've had that done to a friend's V2 and it's been working flawless, they will just need to make sure they match the pinout of the old plug.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I’m in need of a new obd to v2 cable. SoCal wants 56 bucks plus the cost of the cable to ship it through the iron curtain lol and efilive is like 5 weeks delivery for some reason.

So just wondering if any of the other vendors here can do a bit better than either of those.
$56, where do you live... The stupid cable is only $20

It would fit in a USPS Small Priority box.

That being said. My buddy did the same thing as mentioned above with the repair.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Next time I go to the city (2hr drive) I’ll try to remember to bring it with me and find a shop to change it out. I tried this once before though with no luck and kind of forgot about it.