Long way to Ohio...

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
Pulled the 5th wheel from Independence Oregon to Marengo Ohio via Montana, Wyoming, Kentucky, Tennesee and several other side trips. So far about 5000 miles and only issues have been a broken windshield and 3 tires that developed uneven tread wear along the way. We're in Marengo for a week, next stop is Georgia. Old truck has run flawlessly so far, averaging a little over 12 mpg.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Nice, yeah the highway is hard on windshields, I've already replaced a couple and I refuse to tailgate because I hate rock chipped paint and still manage to break stuff.

Where is Marengo Ohio?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Nice, yeah the highway is hard on windshields, I've already replaced a couple and I refuse to tailgate because I hate rock chipped paint and still manage to break stuff.

Where is Marengo Ohio?

About 30 minutes north of Columbus Ohio on 71

I've caught rock, from on coming traffic, following over 1/4 mile back etc
Done one on the LMM and one on the c3500hd I had

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I didn't realize there was anything in Marengo worth seeing.

Good luck on the rest of your trip.

If you are still in town next Friday, a few guys from work and I are heading over to Pacemakers Dragway for T&T

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
We are staying at my wife's cousin's on State Route 656 in Marengo. Nice spread. I grew up in Ohio but haven't been back here in many years. I don't miss the humidity and cicadas.....

Attachments

• IMG_5219.jpg
    IMG_5219.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 74

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
I grew up in Canfield, spent a lot of time around ELO. My ancestors were river rats and well riggers along the Ohio. GGfather was a riverboat captain & grandpa rigged wells around Marietta, Wheeling and New Cumberland. Crusty ol' boys!

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
I didn't realize there was anything in Marengo worth seeing.

Good luck on the rest of your trip.

If you are still in town next Friday, a few guys from work and I are heading over to Pacemakers Dragway for T&T
We gots lots ov stuffs to do up hearz

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
Took all the back roads over to Walnut Creek and Charm today, and I do mean BACK ROADS.... Not even sure Google maps knows about some of those roads. Had a pig fest at Der Dutchman. Lot of folks looking at my truck, trying to figure out why it isn't all rusted out. :confused: Gotta watch out for all those Amish buggies on the road!!!! Pretty country though.....

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
People fail to realize washing your truck in the winter does a lot. Mine has 219k and the only rust is starting on the pinch of the tailgate :(

Der Dutchman is the shiz! Did you go to Lehman's hardware? I love that place, and the kids love Hershbergers out in Charm. If you have little ones that love animals I highly suggest The Farm at Walnut creek :thumb:

malar24

May 14, 2012
NE Ohio
Walnut creek is a good lil town. That's where I grew up. You can't go wrong with Dutchman's. :thumb: My only advice dodge the horse shit best you can.

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
Should probably do a better job at selling that :rofl:
Cabellas and the Kroger distribution warehouse wanted to be up here but morrow county wouldn't cooperate. Land is still relatively cheap aswell. Hell, my road just got paved, I'm moving on up.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
Back home in Oregon, over 8,000 miles with no issues except a cracked windshield and a new set of trailer tires. Got about 11 mpg for the trip, truck ran like a boss. It's good to be back home!!