Long time Dmax forum guy moving to this site

Dean E

Mar 30, 2022
Blair, NE
Greetings everyone. I was a long time forum member on the Delphi Duramax forum but finally got tired of all the restrictions and heavy handed moderators. Looking for a place where we can freely talk about our diesel passions and love for our Duramaxes. I have owned my 2008 LMM since 2009 and just loved it. Did the mods to make it just the most reliable diesel one can imaging. Have quite a bit of background with lift pumps and experience with LMM electronics being I have finally conquered my electrical gremlins with the GMLAN low speed buss problems. I'll post a video and what I did to correct it in the technical section for others. I have found that I'm not the only one who has seen this type of problem.

Been an aviation mechanic most of my career. Moved up thru the ranks to be a Director in a large corporate aircraft fleet operator. Looking forward to getting involved in some of the discussions and applying my background to hopefully help others. Dean

Attachments

• 38BA1FEA-32CD-445D-B327-400C343551A9.jpeg
    38BA1FEA-32CD-445D-B327-400C343551A9.jpeg
    507.2 KB · Views: 18

660catman

May 18, 2021
Welcome to the site! Very nice rides you have there.

2013 Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab

Dean E

Mar 30, 2022
Blair, NE
Thanks, the bike is a 2015 Indian Roadmaster I bought new. It's got 60,000 miles on it currently and still love it. It had an issue some of the early bikes had where you would get some piston noises at certain RPMs and throttle settings. It ran great but since I can't leave anything alone I dropped the motor about a year ago and replaced the pistons and cylinders on the 111 engine. Freshened things up a bit and put it all back together. Runs great and all I hear now is sweet V twin music. Don't ever plan on getting rid of either. My LMM I keep up on. In great shape and get quite a few people asking if I would be willing to sell. Got 190K on it and runs great. Just added the S&B 62 gallon fuel tank on it and only regret was not doing it sooner. The 26 gallon factory tank was way too small especially for anyone pulling a trailer. Just love driving past truck stops and their diesel prices to fill up locally for much cheaper diesel. Dean

Dean E

Mar 30, 2022
Blair, NE
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I said my goodbye on the other forum and sent a notice that I wanted my account closed and in record time my thread was closed to further comments and had the account deleted. Just another sign it was time to leave. Dean

Phoenix-LH

Aug 19, 2022
Germany
I just had the same experience as you Dean.
I checked both forums to see which one was better for me.
Fortunately you let a note how you will be find(y)

I suspect there will be a lot of others who will switch from the same experience.

Reactions: Dean E

Dean E

Mar 30, 2022
Blair, NE
I just had the same experience as you Dean.
I checked both forums to see which one was better for me.
Fortunately you let a note how you will be find(y)

I suspect there will be a lot of others who will switch from the same experience.
I was glad to make the move. Got some great guys here that are ready to help and freely discuss what can be done on our beloved diesels. I am actually a moderator on a motorcycle forum and was surprised how strict and easily offended some moderators were on the other Duramax site. Enjoy, Dean

Reactions: Phoenix-LH

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
This site has historically been moderated by the membership. We all kinda knew each other, which helped. Very few had/have thin skin around here.
We staffers dont really have much to do around here unless its a spammer. :ROFLMAO:

Oh yeah, welcome to DD.

Reactions: Phoenix-LH

Phoenix-LH

Aug 19, 2022
Germany
@TheBac
I have no problem with such things. Fortunately, we can choose our friends and how we spend our free time. If I'm not wanted somewhere, I just leave and don't take it personally. I know that I will surely find a connection somewhere else. It is different with the family, to which we are unfortunately bound. But this can also be solved easily. 40 years ago there was not "enough room" in my hometown for my father and me. So I left him the city and found my home elsewhere with good friends and my own family.

Getting worked up about such things only gives you ulcers and endangers your retirement. After all, I want to live off my pension for as long as possible. I plan to retire from 2028 🥳 with our Retirement Truck Sierra - High enough to get in comfortably, compact enough to park easily, and a cargo box to carry all the things a restless retired craftman might need:ROFLMAO:

Phoenix-LH

Aug 19, 2022
Germany
I was glad to make the move. Got some great guys here that are ready to help and freely discuss what can be done on our beloved diesels. I am actually a moderator on a motorcycle forum and was surprised how strict and easily offended some moderators were on the other Duramax site. Enjoy, Dean
In fact it is the first forum where this happen to me and i am not a Newbie in forum-activities. I dont take it personally.

Mikey52

Sep 20, 2018
Then it's not you, but there is a Dean. Aircraft mechanic from North Carolina that does.