log with no RPM

danzick

playing with fire
Feb 20, 2014
Livingston, MT
anyone know what I'm doing wrong? My RPM just says 0 when I take logs. I have rpm on my cluster and my edge insight CS. also, when I click record data on the autocal, it says unknown PID's. Untitled.png

danzick

playing with fire
Feb 20, 2014
Livingston, MT
nope. not even sure how you do that? dont you just select them from the list and click the green arrow? im not familiar with this stuff at all really.

danzick

playing with fire
Feb 20, 2014
Livingston, MT
ok, so I got the PID's to display by selecting my own list, but its all in metric? I tried going to properties, and selecting custom, and selecting PSI or MPH, but when I click ok, it still reads metric.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
ok, so I got the PID's to display by selecting my own list, but its all in metric? I tried going to properties, and selecting custom, and selecting PSI or MPH, but when I click ok, it still reads metric.
You want all the PIDs to record in metric, that's the software's standard format.

In V8 you can right-click on a PID in the chart/graph window and select a different unit.

Reactions: 2004LB7

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
as Brad stated the information coming from the ECM is metric. but when you graph them in V7 you can adjust what is displayed. or has he said use V8 which can convert on the fly

danzick

playing with fire
Feb 20, 2014
Livingston, MT
thanks! we're having some trouble getting the pids to work properly with his list, so I was trying to make my own, but even my list is showing some errors. I'll wait to see what he finds out.

danzick

playing with fire
Feb 20, 2014
Livingston, MT
bringing this back up. I cannot get it figured out. I'm having two different issues. I'm getting added pids, and my autocal is corrupting data for some reason. I just tried to record a log, and it says unknown pids, and wont even record.