Lock up box issue

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So i got in contact with Ben about this last wednesday and he suggested i try a few things to fix the issue. Sent a few more emails back off to him on the things he told me to try and awaiting a response still.

So im seeing if anyone else here has had this issue.

Put the lock up box in my truck last tuesday evening. Followed the instructions well and everything went together smooth. only thing i had to do different was find a different power source at the BCM as the 01-02 trucks do not have a pink wire at the light blue connector in pin A4. Instead i used a pink wire off the brown connector that is 12 power when the ignition is at RUN and when cranking as the instruction specify.

Now with it all hooked up. Commanding "forced lock up" via the green button works as it should and so does the "forced unlock" via the red button. the problem comes in with the "auto" button which is what i bought this sucker for.

there are three commands that must be met for forced lock up to be met in "auto" mode. the brakes cant be applied, you must be in 2nd gear or higher, and the throttle must be at WOT.

Mine isnt quite working like that. If the brake is applied, the box will go back to factory settings (like it should) and if im in 1st gear, the box wont try to lock the converter. Now as soon as i let the truck shift into 2nd gear with the box in "auto" and NOT pressing the brake, the converter will lock and the blue LED will go bright green yet im no where near WOT. it will happen at any throttle position ACCEPT if my foot is completely off the throttle.

Now i have verified i have a good connection at the light blue wire at the TPS (its soldiered on now) and it is showing 3.5v at 0 throttle input. if i slowly depress the throttle, voltage will drop to 1.5ish v for my WOT. So i assume its working correctly. These measurements were taken at the physical light blue wire for the TPS as well as the light blue wire you connect to it from bens box.

So unless i hooked a wire wrong or something, im not sure what else i could be looking for? anyone else had this happen?

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Think he was going on vacation or something I think there was a post saying he was going to be unreachable for a few days or something like that.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
James I apologize, I was away for the past couple days and have been catching up on emails and orders. I just returned your email, Im going to be sending you a replacement box this afternoon.

Ben

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Dustin Ill give ya a call this afternoon after 5:00 when UPS comes and ive got all the orders out for the day!

Ben

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Thanks ben! just replied. After dustins post i thought something might have happened over the weekend :D

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Shot you another email back yesterday Ben and some pics. lemme know if you got them.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ben or Jed, you guys get those emails yet or ??? really liked to get this figured out.