LMM Towing Issues

May 7, 2016
I have been having a problem with my LMM under heavy load. Its a 2008 deleted with efi live 5 position, I have had the truck since it was brand new so i know what its been through. I will be going up a hill under load and the truck will lug down and all of a sudden go from 1800 to like 2500 rpm, but its not a down shift. After this it will continue to do this down the road you can stand on it and the truck will peg out but still be loosing speed and have absolutely no power. Then the transmission will start to get hot. It will be running perfect on tranny temp before until this happens. Now if i stop on the side of the road and shut it off and let it set for about 5 or 6 min and fire it up and go down the road it will be just fine and dandy all the power in the world and for the rest of the trip no matter how hard I push the damn thing it wont do it again. No lights come on no codes nothing shows up when this happens. What is causing this to happen?

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
Not sure y but the convertor is coming out of lockup, also needa watch rail pressure when this happens....

May 7, 2016
No codes nothing. its not going into limp no check engine lights. I just stop let it set for a min and get back in and go and its perfectly fine. Tranny temp runs at about 150 when its 80 and under high load 170 at 80. I put a ppe tranny cooler in. I tow with it set on 40 or 80 hp depending on load size. Happens the most pulling my camper or 12000lb and up on trailers

mike1059pa

May 21, 2016
Off topic do you have boost and pyrometer gaudges?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

May 7, 2016
boost. on an edge monitor so not the most accurate. this truck is more of just a run around truck anymore on the weekends. I use my 15 or my 13 one ton work truck to pull my trailers but every now and then its nice to put it on a trailer. I have not really started doing much of anything to this truck as for I am finishing up college and worried more about my farming operation and equipment rather than my pickups. I had been asking around about this I just figured I would see what advice everyone had to give. Thanks for the reply's.