LMM having trouble tuning without making truck "cough" when EGR disabled.

M.A. Services

Apr 12, 2011
New to tuning, I have built a few tunes with limited success. Well, actually no success yet. I have been having trouble getting a tune where the truck doesn't cough under boost and basically fall on it's face. EGR is disabled, timing bumped a little and desired boost levels raised slightly, injector pilots and main pulse bumped a little as well. I have tried numerous tunes same result "cough" under load, less mileage, and maybe a little increase in power until it falls on it's face. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe suggestions on what to do to get some power and/or economy improvements? Your input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

M.A. Services

Apr 12, 2011
No EGR block yet.

I don't have the EGR blocked yet. I thought that that may have something to do with it. I figured that the boost was pushing the EGR valve open. I am going to order a block kit today.

M.A. Services

Apr 12, 2011
Thank you.

Thanks for all the info, if there is anything that anyone can add in regards to power and economy in tuning the LMM please share your info. or experiences. By the sound of it I was on the right track just need to block the EGR.