lmm cruise and abs brake lights????

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Has anyone had trouble with their cruise control dropping out while towing? I have noticed on my lmm the cruise drops out from time to time. I also get a service trailer warning that lights the brake light and the abs light?

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Brake light switch on the brake pedal assembly is probably going out. I replaced mine a couple times, its easy...

Cool deal I will swap it out. I mostly notice it when I start to hit rough roads with lots of bumps generally going up hill. I will try cleaning the grounds and swapping the brake switch.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
If you have a Tech 2, you can look at the past 8 "cruise disable/inhibit reasons" in the ECM's history. That would help determine what is disabling cruise...

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Cool deal I will swap it out. I mostly notice it when I start to hit rough roads with lots of bumps generally going up hill. I will try cleaning the grounds and swapping the brake switch.

Bumpy roads is when mine would act up as well when pedal switch was going out.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Alright I have a little more info and have the cruise dropping issue isolated. Its kinda funny. When I am driving with stereo at normal levels cruise never drops out. When I fire up the subs and the rockford amps start drawing juice the cruise drops out every time. I probably need to face the fact I am almost 41 and need to turn it down lol!