LML Twins and Opinions

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
I think the passenger side is designed different, so it can clear the aftermarket compound downpipe.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Twin or triples don’t care about what up pipes you are using. The down pipe will not come in contact with the up pipes in compounds. If using a single kit then up pipes could be a problem if you use symmetrical up pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Haven’t gotten any correspondence back from HSP but I better have my $1,600 manifolds and up pipes by next Friday! Everything from WCFab is supposed to ship this Friday and be here next week.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Haven’t gotten any correspondence back from HSP but I better have my $1,600 manifolds and up pipes by next Friday! Everything from WCFab is supposed to ship this Friday and be here next week.

HSP moved to their new shop and phones have been down. I think today or tomorrow they should have phones again.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Awesome things gonna be rowdy! In my experience hsp customer service and dates suck. I ran there s300 kit on my lmm, kept giving me false dates it was going to be out by. Was missing a couple stupid little things to do the swap that would have been nice to know before hand. Sdp was great, had my kit powdered the same day and out the next day

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Awesome things gonna be rowdy! In my experience hsp customer service and dates suck. I ran there s300 kit on my lmm, kept giving me false dates it was going to be out by. Was missing a couple stupid little things to do the swap that would have been nice to know before hand. Sdp was great, had my kit powdered the same day and out the next day

That’s funny I sent multiple emails and called multiple times to get a quote for their, SDPs kit, and could never get a call or email back. Just spoke with a lady at HSP, who I spoke to a week ago, and both times including today she says she “can’t find anybody” and doesn’t know the order status and that she’ll call me back. Also, haven’t gotten emailed back yet either. Pisses me off they’ll take your money and correspond immediately about that but after they get it, they don’t know shit or don’t have time. On the other hand, WCFab, DT and MotorOps have been great answering questions and responding to them.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
HSP Update: Jon got back to me and let me know their CNC machines will be down for 3 weeks so they will not be able to meet my deadline. However, they have some of the "Old Design" manifolds and up pipes sitting on the shelf that will be ceramic coated and shipped out this Friday. I was also told that the old design has been "heat treated" which has gotten rid of the warping and leaking issue caused by the heat soak from them having overly thick flanges. Looking forward to their work. Here is an example of the ones I will be getting, they should be identical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIZDlhaFGtk&t=246s

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
I've had nothing but excellent service from hsp. I called 3 or 4 times just over putting my compound kit on and they always answered my questions right away. And shipped a couple things on there dime after the fact so I'm really happy with them.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
I’m sure they’re great but I just so happened to place more order during their “big move” so must just be a coincidence. Either way, they’re getting me what I ordered by my deadline for install.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
since we are on the topic, i am putting on my 5" and new down pipe next week, will i need to find a place to tuck the 9th injector into since it is tied into the harness or when i remove the exhaust will everything unplug and come with it? I did both my LMMs but this is my first LML.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Yep, I didn’t do a downpipe till I did my cp3 conversion. It can be ripped out completely but will need the plug that plugs the hole on the passenger side rail

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
i Have to change the downpipe since i ended up with one of those stupid 3-bolt flang ideas they came out with :mad:

There is a downpipe and exhaust option with the flange. I did it just so I wouldn't have to change my downpipe again if I return to stock.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
i Have to change the downpipe since i ended up with one of those stupid 3-bolt flang ideas they came out with :mad:

I have a 3 bolt flange 3” downpipe. Come to find out my jamo front pipe can be v band or 3 bolt flange. The flange can come off and be v banded.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
well it all started when i ordered the v-band for my 15 LML, then before i could install it the truck was stolen so now i have a 16 and still have the parts so i am going with it , the new down pipe is V-band and if i ever have to go back to stock i will have to suck it up and start over :woott:

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Supposedly everything is shipping today. I’d be shocked if that’s true. I’ll be checking with WC and HSP in a few hours for tracking info.