LML mods and dyno testing begins

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
I hate to bring up an old thread, but has anyone heard any more updates or had success with Rob's emissions tunes? I just got an LML to replace my LB7 and will be going down to Mike L. again as soon as I pick a tune.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Actually, its good you did. Id also like to hear back from Rob if he found out anything new and how things have gone over the longer period of time....

Shurshot

May 24, 2018
Hope I am not too late to the party! I love this thread and hope that it is not dead. I just purchased my first Diesel after 30 plus years of driving 1500s. Trying to get up to speed on how to increase my mileage and power while maintaining my emissions...... Many thanks to all who are working on this project and sharing their experience!

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
As far as tuning goes, ATP was shut down by the EPA recently. So I dont think you'll see any more updates to this, at least by Rob.

Shurshot

May 24, 2018
As far as tuning goes, ATP was shut down by the EPA recently. So I dont think you'll see any more updates to this, at least by Rob.

Freaking tree hugging Gov crooks! They do more to mess up this world than all emissions combined! Sorry for the rant, just worked for tje Gov for 30 years....

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Would be interesting to know where he ended up with all the parts he was adding for those looking for more emissions friendly horsepressure.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Would be interesting to know where he ended up with all the parts he was adding for those looking for more emissions friendly horsepressure.

He sold that lml not long after his last post in this thread, pretty sure he mentioned that was last of the mods done to it. I’ll ask him again when I see him at the track or the shop.

Shurshot

May 24, 2018
Give him a big thanks for sharing his knowledge and experiences on here as he is still helping people through this fourm!

Seanyé East

May 26, 2018
Boston
As a new LML owner (2011 single cab) living in Massachusetts, I enjoyed the hell out of this thread, but it was like a great movie with a terrible ending. What a bummer, did learn a lot though, cant wait to wake this truck up with some relatively cheap mods!

longball

Jun 8, 2015
Alabama
It doesn’t make a lick of sense why they went after the guy who was focusing on tuning clean burning trucks (likely burning less fuel) with all their gov required emissions intact. It seems to me those are the last people they’d be harassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
It doesn’t make a lick of sense why they went after the guy who was focusing on tuning clean burning trucks (likely burning less fuel) with all their gov required emissions intact. It seems to me those are the last people they’d be harassing.

That’s usually how it goes, sad how the law works these days.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.

Because just as curing cancer takes funding out of big pharmaceutical pockets, clean tuning, better MPG = less fuel sold, less trips for tanker trucks filling stations, less demand. and I’m almost betting an un happy customer put the log on the fire.

Reactions: Rossi03

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Because just as curing cancer takes funding out of big pharmaceutical pockets, clean tuning, better MPG = less fuel sold, less trips for tanker trucks filling stations, less demand. and I’m almost betting an un happy customer put the log on the fire.

Either that or an unscrupulous competitor.