LML lml fan clutch not covered by warranty??

JOE

Dec 30, 2008
SE WI
My buddies 2011 lml with 40,000 miles has the cooling fan staying on at all times. He takes it to dealer on saturday and they tell him its the fan clutch that needs to be replaced. According to them this is not covered by engine warranty, but falls under 36,000 mile bumper to bumper, which he is past. Is this dealer trying to screw him, or is this true. I just cant believe a part vital to controlling engine temperature, would not fall under engine warranty, or at least emissions warranty. What do you guys think???

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I would try arguing with the dealer. Id be willing to bet that they could get GM to goodwill cover it under warranty.

I mean, the truck is only 4,000 miles out of bumper-to-bumper warranty, and a new fan clutch costs less than $200 retail cost.....theres really no reason for GM to tell him hes 100% SOL.

JOE

Dec 30, 2008
SE WI
Ben, This truck has spent many days, and weeks in for various warranty items. So im not sure how much goodwill is left between dealer and owner. If I look through gm's emission warranty under "air management system" is "charge air cooler fan". My interpretation is this should be covered, here is what it says, what do you think??

Air Management System
Active Aero Shutters
Air Cleaner
Air Cleaner Resonator
Air Intake Ducts
Charge Air Control Actuator
Charge Air Control Solenoid Valve
Charge Air Control Valve
Charge Air Cooler *
Charge Air Cooler Fan
Idle Air Control Valve
Idle Speed Control Motor