LML EFI Live testing

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
We did some distance testing and have some results on the ATP LML; This truck is a 3500 CCSB with 400 miles on it before this test so not broken in. The weight of the truck was 7650lbs when driven across the scales at a highway weigh station with ¾ tank of fuel.

Stock tune averaged 17.95 mpg and averaged 11.3 miles per gram of soot accumulated, no regen during this time (250 mile run).

Street tune averaged 18.28 and had a regen during this test. Averaged 22.7 miles per soot gram (230 mile run)

Dyno/high performance tune averaged 19.38 mpg and averaged an amazing 112.75 miles per soot gram, no regen during this time (500 mile run).

Speedo limiter is tested and confirmed to be removable and cruise still works fine.

So an 8% average in fuel economy but a great reduction in soot at a minimum. This should increase fuel savings over a longer test as the truck will not regen as frequently. I’m not sure about DEF costs as the truck doesn’t seem to be using any. More testing will be done to see how the street tune does without a regen and to confirm the crazy soot reduction on the high performance tune.

So testing is going well. There are many tests still to be run but things are looking great. Overall this thing rips right now with the high performance tune. It has a pretty rapid climb in soot production when bombing around town beating on it so I have some work to do there. Around town MPG has been in the 15.5-16 range testing different tunes and a very heavy peddle including burn outs and power braking and spool up tests.

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Nice to see that things are progressing, interesting how the MPSG increased on the hotter tune, one would think opposite Not?? either way nice to see it moving along.

cwmeaux1

Dec 11, 2011
Carlyss, Louisiana
:thumb:I watched two completely stock lml's race last weekend ccsb 4x4 , both were running 15.3-15.5 @ 86-88 mph , what kind of times u think it will run :D

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
We're going to the track this weekend and testing the race trucks, I may find some time for some 1/4 mile tests on the LML. With the world finals in a couple weeks the race trucks take priority though.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Awesome! How is the throttle response? Mainly referring to the "deal pedal" associated with the LML's?

While driving it up the Alligator event and around Couer D'Alene while up there, i noticed a much much better throttle response and "low end pep" on both the street tune and dyno compared to the stock tune. The stock tune felt like you would lay into it and you could start counting before it would start to rip. With the street and dyno tune it would respond much more comparable to an earlier model truck like my lbz. big improvement IMO as that is one of the more common complaints we hear about the LMLs.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Did Dustin ever make it to the dyno with it?

Ya i made it onto the dyno but kept having issues with it applying the brakes around 2400 rpms. I tried turning off traction control, stabilitrak, etc. I didnt figure out it was the ABS hindering it due to the wheel speed sensor difference (front not moving and back doing 70mph+) and the dyno was PACKED so never got a chance to get back on.

We have some plans on taking it to the local dyno here shortly now that we figured out how to make it not stop on the dyno. :woott:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Like Dustin said the dead peddle feel is not an issue with efi. We have the tables to fix that issue, one of the first things I worked on.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Ya i made it onto the dyno but kept having issues with it applying the brakes around 2400 rpms. I tried turning off traction control, stabilitrak, etc. I didnt figure out it was the ABS hindering it due to the wheel speed sensor difference (front not moving and back doing 70mph+) and the dyno was PACKED so never got a chance to get back on.

We have some plans on taking it to the local dyno here shortly now that we figured out how to make it not stop on the dyno. :woott:

I figured it was an ABS problem when that thing started acting up mid pull.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Dec 2, 2006
TN
you update to the newest update and crank the low boost fueing

H&S Update?

Before I buy custom H&S tuning I'm looking to see where EFILive goes with it. I already have a V2 and would rather stick with EFILive. But, if I can't get the proper tuning files for my truck to run ( :D ) I'll stick with H&S.