Question: LLY Motor Build

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
If you plan on it going to Guys I don't think I would take those rods there lol. If you need prices on anything I can help you. You can look at Nicks S475sx if that's what your looking at I can help you with that also it doesn't have to be all bling lie his if you don't want it lol.

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Well done a lot of searching and thinking lately and definitely going to be building the motor just curious to somethings...I'll lay the plan in my head out now and am open for feedback and advice...by the way I'm wanting 800-900hp on fuel and wanting to know if the things i'm looking at are overkill or not

Carrillos
Cut/coated pistons (thinking about reusing mine)
dampner
Main/Head studs
cam
stage 1 heads
injectors (don't know what size...thinking 100 overs)
keyed crank
PPE dual fuelers
S475
RDL manifolds/uppipes

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Well done a lot of searching and thinking lately and definitely going to be building the motor just curious to somethings...I'll lay the plan in my head out now and am open for feedback and advice...by the way I'm wanting 800-900hp on fuel and wanting to know if the things i'm looking at are overkill or not

Carrillos
Cut/coated pistons (thinking about reusing mine)
dampner
Main/Head studs
cam
stage 1 heads
injectors (don't know what size...thinking 100 overs)
keyed crank
PPE dual fuelers
S475
RDL manifolds/uppipes

I dunno man personally me i wouldn't spend the 1000$ on a cam with just an S475, and i wouldn't spend 2,000$ on heads. Maybe have them looked over and make sure they are in spec. Unless you are going to be turning huge RPM i'd also not do the dampner but at 450$ maybe it is worth it too you.

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
That's true I guess the cam is really only worth it if running big twins to stay on the chargers? Not really 100% on cams in diesels...still a noob :angel:

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
still really up in the air about the heads/cam thing...man it makes the price a lot more attractive without them haha just torn on what to do

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Man you could buy a new truck with all those mods.

LOL this is a performance oriented board.... not another Duramax Forum, or Diesel Place. Most here are geared towards pushing these trucks to their breaking points. You let me know when a new truck can support 800hp then i'll by one

duramaxxin

Jan 12, 2009
Im not bashin the guy ive probaly spent 20 times the amount he wants to spend on his motor just in a sandcar alone... Im just new to this whole diesel performance thing and it amazes me on what they charge you for power...

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I would just talk to guy he is a straight shooter

I'll tell you this though u don't put a cap on hp as it never ends! Go with the biggest injectors and turbo now then u don't have to swap later:angel:

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
i wont be doing heads or a cam. 1 i dont have the money and 2 i dont feel i will need it. at the end of the day it is my DD not an all out race or puller. but i will be doing 100% overs due to wanting to do it once and be done with it.

you could always take the money you save on heads and cam and do an electric water pump.

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Thanks guys...that's the kind of input I'm looking for. I'll have to call Guy again and talk to him cause the one side of me says go for it cause ya never know an the other side is trigger shy cause it's my DD as ChevyDiesel said..

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Another quick question...would the money be better spent on heads and a cam or buying new .20 over pistons instead of havin my stickers cut and coated?

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
id go with a cam to help spool up a big s475 it would help. also if you are looking for low 11s on fuel and 800 to 900 hp id put heads on it that just my opinion. it also depends on how many miles are on the block guy might want to bore it .20 over

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
id go with a cam to help spool up a big s475 it would help. also if you are looking for low 11s on fuel and 800 to 900 hp id put heads on it that just my opinion. it also depends on how many miles are on the block guy might want to bore it .20 over

a buddy of mine has a 475 on a stock LBZ and he has towed another duramax with it from NC to the DPC with no problems. this was with the stock cp3 and injectors. you dont need a cam to spool that turbo....

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
a buddy of mine has a 475 on a stock LBZ and he has towed another duramax with it from NC to the DPC with no problems. this was with the stock cp3 and injectors. you dont need a cam to spool that turbo....

true but it would help im not saying it cant be done. he is also looking for 800hp and a built motor not a stocker. it also has to deal with converter setup im just saying it would help not trying to start a pissing match :thumb: