Question: LLY Motor Build

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Henry the 1.01 Garrett is looser than a Borg 1.10 because of the different turbine wheel designs ,.90 is the safe bet but the 1.10 AR is free as you know so might as well try it before he spends the $$R on the .90 , plus for big fuel like he is planning to run after the motor is build (800-900hp )the 1.10 will be a much better choice for DP and EGT's .

Yea its cheaper for the 1.10 a/r now like when getting Nicks turbo Matt said that the 1.01 would spool better for him then the 1.10 and also it was cheaper to upgrade to that housing now were it could be traded in towards the cost of the smaller a/r but you guys now the air out there better then me. I would just not want to add more stress on the stock parts but its not like the rods are going to like it for long anyways.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
wow there is some really good info here. thanks semper for posting this up. In a year or two ill probably be doin close to what your doin and im sure ill be using the info here to make my desicion. Sorry i dont have much to add but i think your goin the right way :D

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Thanks man...I'm no secret squirrel about making my truck fast I think thats bullshit but then again what would I know...my truck's slow for now haha...I am all about helping this community in whatever little way I can. Although I'm still fairly new to diesel hotrodding I'd like to see it live on forever and think we have come a long way already and can go even farther as long as we stay on the track we're on! Thanks for the encouragement and can't see a 900hp dune romper like you'll have some day :D

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Thanks man...I'm no secret squirrel about making my truck fast I think thats bullshit but then again what would I know...my truck's slow for now haha...I am all about helping this community in whatever little way I can. Although I'm still fairly new to diesel hotrodding I'd like to see it live on forever and think we have come a long way already and can go even farther as long as we stay on the track we're on! Thanks for the encouragement and can't see a 900hp dune romper like you'll have some day :D

i completely agree. ive just not really seen (nor really searched :D) a build thread on our motors thats got a list really close to exactly what i would like to do. I really love how we can make a diesel be so streetable yet still go and run 12-11sec almost on a daily basis. Now im not sayin you cant do it with a gasser but with the change of a dsp tune you can haul your 40ft weekend worrier., then switch right into a race mode and kill a vett or built camaro. Just amazes me. Haha it sure will be fun and even in its state its in now it still catches people off gaurd. One day it will come, jsut gotta keep workin for it. Im jsut jealous you will be doin it sooner than i :hug::thumb:

HurtMan

Point of no return
Dec 21, 2009
Ogden Ut.
11 second Daily Driver 700-800 HP
1-Big turbo (Twins) *IMO*
2-Big injectors 50%+
3-Mod cp-3 or (dual) want to hold rail pressure
4-Lift pump 180+ GPH
5-Good set Rods
6-Mod Pistons
7-Keyed cam & crank
8-Head Studs
9-Trans Mods
10-Tunnin (EFI-liv)

Rather than spending money on heads or cam I would opt for headers and up pipes and a good intercooler.
Works for me and I still drag my Boat to the lake. Soot on the boat really sucks!!!!though. :thumb:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
i completely agree. ive just not really seen (nor really searched :D) a build thread on our motors thats got a list really close to exactly what i would like to do. I really love how we can make a diesel be so streetable yet still go and run 12-11sec almost on a daily basis. Now im not sayin you cant do it with a gasser but with the change of a dsp tune you can haul your 40ft weekend worrier., then switch right into a race mode and kill a vett or built camaro. Just amazes me. Haha it sure will be fun and even in its state its in now it still catches people off gaurd. One day it will come, jsut gotta keep workin for it. Im jsut jealous you will be doin it sooner than i :hug::thumb:

Here is some threads for you.

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5608&page=2
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6679