LLY: lly injectors are showing balance rates round 15+/-

wfc09

Sep 11, 2014
Ky
I was driving home from work and all of a sudden the truck lost power and white smoking. I pulled over and checked the balance rates with my cts and they were all showing +/- 10-15 except for injector number 2 it showed good. I checked all my connections and ice picked all my injectors which did nothing. These injectors are fairly new with less than 10k miles on them. Do I have a stuck injector throwing everything off?

wfc09

Sep 11, 2014
Ky
ok guys i have checked the harness and found no worn wires or anything of the sort. the truck is to the point now that it wont start at all just cranks over. it had a crankshaft senor code, i replaced the sensor and it went away but a camshaft position sensor code came up but still no start. any ideas ficm? stuck imjector not letting em get enough rail pressure while cranking? im at a loss

wfc09

Sep 11, 2014
Ky
thanks for the info i will definiatly recheck the grounds they seemed to be good and tight but i will take them off and clean them.

wfc09

Sep 11, 2014
Ky
Ended up having two bad injectors 6&8. We pulled the glow plugs they were soaked and the knocking quit with the glow plugs out. I sent them in for warrenty I don't think it would be a contamination issue I have a cat 2 micron filter on my filter head and run a car 2 micron filter on my air dog 200 and they both had less than 1500 miles on them. No water in the water separator either any ideas?

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
Ended up having two bad injectors 6&8. We pulled the glow plugs they were soaked and the knocking quit with the glow plugs out. I sent them in for warrenty I don't think it would be a contamination issue I have a cat 2 micron filter on my filter head and run a car 2 micron filter on my air dog 200 and they both had less than 1500 miles on them. No water in the water separator either any ideas?

We don't know if we have any bad injectors until they are sent it for testing. ;)

Last edited:

wfc09

Sep 11, 2014
Ky
Not saying anything bad at all about lincoln diesel they have great customer service. Merely stating what we found during the testes we conducted that lead me to send the injectors in to be checked for warrenty purposes.