LLY Engine Build

TYREBOYZ_DEMAXIN

The Tire Frier
Jun 13, 2007
Barnesville OH
well guys i have a ton of questions..
i have a twin bro with a 04 LLY Reg Cab LLY that is looking to go a little wild with it and my question is what all does he need for 700HP and in the future 4 didgit HP..
now i'm guessing he mite as well break it down and do pistons,rods and push rods right away but while its down what else would we need to do to get the internals where they should hold it?also if we sell the old parts how much would a set of stock LLY pistons be worth?
now for the turbo and fuel system..for now do you think a modd CP3 would do it and then later add the 2nd CP3 and would we better of with a Chettah or a Garret for air and we are open for suggestions.
the rest of the list is,stage 4 SunCoast,lockers front and rear,port rail fittings,traction bars and i'm thinking a Air Intake would be a good thing:D.
mods done,centerlink"n"sleeves,Stage 2 AFE,Gauges and EFILive
any suggestions would be greatly aprecitated

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
well guys i have a ton of questions..
i have a twin bro with a 04 LLY Reg Cab LLY that is looking to go a little wild with it and my question is what all does he need for 700HP and in the future 4 didgit HP..
now i'm guessing he mite as well break it down and do pistons,rods and push rods right away but while its down what else would we need to do to get the internals where they should hold it?also if we sell the old parts how much would a set of stock LLY pistons be worth?
now for the turbo and fuel system..for now do you think a modd CP3 would do it and then later add the 2nd CP3 and would we better of with a Chettah or a Garret for air and we are open for suggestions.
the rest of the list is,stage 4 SunCoast,lockers front and rear,port rail fittings,traction bars and i'm thinking a Air Intake would be a good thing:D.
mods done,centerlink"n"sleeves,Stage 2 AFE,Gauges and EFILive
any suggestions would be greatly aprecitated

whats his budget? I would go with a garett charger s400 or twins for air

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Getting to 700hp will be cheaper with a single charger. A GT4202R would be easiest charger to get there and then dual CP3's. You could detune it to save the engine, but in the long run, it will probably bend the rods if you turn it up all the way. I made 748rwhp with that combo on a stock LLY engine, but I bent the rods. De-torquing the tune and dropping the power to 700 might survive, might not.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
thats the info i needed,thankyou.
whats the best he could do with a hot cp3 vs the dual cp3's?

Right now if he wants to be at 700 he will need twin cp3's imo, even the stroker cp3's, that i doubt will support that are just as much money as twins. Just go ahead and do the dual cp3's

TYREBOYZ_DEMAXIN

The Tire Frier
Jun 13, 2007
Barnesville OH
well i got him a list together..he didn't seemed as surprised as i thought he would be,i'm thinking he is realy gonna do it..

the list for now
MPI Twins or a big Garret(he wants twins but not sure if he can afford it)
also quick question.what are his options to stay on turbos to stay in the 2.5 class(i have 0 knowledge on turbos)
Hot CP3 from Indrustrial Injection.he down sized a bit on HP for now but after the engine build he wants to add the dual cp3's
also alot of small stuff yet that i didn't add but thats the main part of the list
and then have it tuned by IdahoRob but i may have Matt(PowerMax)do it since he is close by

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio
around ohio your not really going to be able to pull with twins but in the bigger classes where a stock motor truck will get its a## handed to it you should stay with a single

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
well i got him a list together..he didn't seemed as surprised as i thought he would be,i'm thinking he is realy gonna do it..

the list for now
MPI Twins or a big Garret(he wants twins but not sure if he can afford it)
also quick question.what are his options to stay on turbos to stay in the 2.5 class(i have 0 knowledge on turbos)
Hot CP3 from Indrustrial Injection.he down sized a bit on HP for now but after the engine build he wants to add the dual cp3's
also alot of small stuff yet that i didn't add but thats the main part of the list
and then have it tuned by IdahoRob but i may have Matt(PowerMax)do it since he is close by

there are lots of threads around here asking the same question. does he have a built transmission? with a mild engine build, trans, and MPI Twins your looking at atleast 20,000

TYREBOYZ_DEMAXIN

The Tire Frier
Jun 13, 2007
Barnesville OH
he has a stage 4 suncoast sitting at the shop(right now is our busy season,working 6 10-12's a week right now)but no time to do the install..

i'm thinking then he wants to stay with a single charger and from doing some reading i think i'll talk him into a Chettah unless there is something better avalible.

right now our area has realy nuthin but open diesel classes which makes it realy tough for a stock chargerd diesel and every now n then they have a street class which is a 2.5 class but other then that we don't have much as rules.

g man

Aug 22, 2006
Industrial Injection is not the only game in town for a high capacity single CP3..... I will agree with Rhall in saying unless the rules of the game require you to run a single CP3, your fuelling requirements will be handled much easier with twin CP3's...... at close to the same cost.... You just gotta remember; with twin fuellers, you will have enough fuelling potential to ruin the stock rods..... quickly.

TYREBOYZ_DEMAXIN

The Tire Frier
Jun 13, 2007
Barnesville OH
ruining rods,thats what he wants to avoid as of now but after the engine build then add the secondary cp3 but for now do a hot cp3 and i know there is more then just the Industrial pumps but we are setup with a guy that handles that kinda stuff and for the price i couldn't beat it..

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
ruining rods,thats what he wants to avoid as of now but after the engine build then add the secondary cp3 but for now do a hot cp3 and i know there is more then just the Industrial pumps but we are setup with a guy that handles that kinda stuff and for the price i couldn't beat it..

why do you keep refering to a "hot cp3"? there is either a modified cp3 or a stock cp3. If the price is that low then maybe your not getting a lot more flow for the extra price? I would hands down go with a dual cp3 setup they can be turned way down for a safe operating level while still maintaining with the ability to run 800+ hp when the engine is able to handle that much hp.

TYREBOYZ_DEMAXIN

The Tire Frier
Jun 13, 2007
Barnesville OH
sorry i meant moddified..:eek:
do the duel fuellers come with 2 moddified cp3's or just the one?

also looking at doing injector nozzles in another LLy that we have and was wondering whats a good one to go with?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
sorry i meant moddified..:eek:
do the duel fuellers come with 2 moddified cp3's or just the one?

also looking at doing injector nozzles in another LLy that we have and was wondering whats a good one to go with?

a dual cp3 kit comes with a second stock cp3 usually an LBZ cp3.